Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi

I have configured apache webserver in my local network, when ever I access the url like http://localhost/test that time getting 403 Forbidden Error.

I have check in apache error log, there also same error. Pls help me to fix..

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    403 errors mean there is either an exclusion for the entry "localhost" or for a particular IP address

Did you try http://127.0.0.1/test/ ? That is your loopback address and should work as well.

Member #
    Thanks for your response. Issue in my /etc/hosts file. There is no entry related to loopback address.

Added below entry for fix the issue.

127.0.0.1 localhost

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I personally will create an /etc/hosts entry for a fake domain (e.g. gametestarea.com) and use the fake domain for dev purposes.

It's a bit more useful that way because you can test for things such as canonical issues (non-www vs. www).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads