Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    An observation:

When I customized the 404 error page, I did the edit on our plesk control panel to our dedicated server (did it out of experiment as I usually only do it only on the server) - it seems to obviously work fine, though when I check back on the server to see how it's been set on iis Manager, I notice that the custom change effected 404;2 and 404;3 ... see image attached. Is this anything to be concerned about??

snap3.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    No. It's just making sure all the possible 404 pages were changed.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex84, post: 251707, member: 21328
    Okay, I've created a 404 error page but what I've done with regards to the CSS style path issue with the main directory within my root ... is I've copied style.css in the root folder and saved it in the directory where I'd most likely get 404's. Is this good / bad practice? Any negatives out of this? All the OTHER pages within the directory will still call style.css within the root folder... so only the 404 page will be using the style.css in the "folder" directory...

Let me know your thoughts?
    Bad practice, since your 404s could come from anywhere. Again, absolute paths or bust here.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads