Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Not Found The requested URL /php_testing/file.php was not found on this server.

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what the problem is when trying view php files locally on my Mac. The series of following screen shots will show that both Apache and mySQL servers are running successfully and file paths for both MAMP and Dreamweaver should be correct. I basically want to be able to view PHP files live as I'm working on them. Please help. Thank you.

MAMP Screen Shots:
    MAMP Screen Shot #1.jpgMAMP Screen Shot #2.jpgMAMP Screen Shot #3.jpgMAMP Screen Shot #4.jpgMAMP Screen Shot #5.jpg
    Last edited by jdmaricle; Aug 26th, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

Member #
    As you can see the folder I created is named php_testing.

Dreamweaver Screen Shots:
    DW Screen Shot #1.jpgDW Screen Shot #2.jpgDW Screen Shot #3.jpgDW Screen Shot #4.jpgDW Screen Shot #5.jpg
    Last edited by jdmaricle; Aug 26th, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    When you run MAMP, does it show that Apache is working? I don't know what this looks like on MAMP, but there's usually some kind of indication on whether the service is actually running. The most common error I've seen is that there's another application, often Skype, using port 80, and it causes Apache to fail.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Both Apache and MySQL are running successfully. It is indicated by the first MAMP screenshot in the upper right hand corner.

Remove Ads