Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Receive error message when trying to view web site from non-PC device

Web site works on PC/Laptop but receive Internal Server Error when trying to access site from cell phone or Ipad. Use BlueHost as service provider & they were not able to resolve the problem. Site does not incorporate responsive design, but assume it should still display without an error. Have tested HTML & CSS & is W3C compliant. Any help would be appreciated as to where the problem may reside.

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    Your guess is as good as ours at this point. We will need a link to be able to see the site. Without it we could go on and on with speculations.

One thing I will add is you are using a host that is part of a larger company. Endurance International Group, or EIG are very unreliable. To the point where you can google it and find tons of reasons why you should avoid them. For the community and industry as a whole they are avoided by most who know anything about hosting. It probably isn't causing your issue, but I would recommend finding a new host either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    site is belgianhareclub.com

Member #
    Liked
    2772 times
    Well...that's a new one.

Here's what I would suggest, and I'll preface my suggestion by saying "I'm not an Apache guru by any means, but..."

There may be a file in your belgianhareclub.com root folder called error_log (no extension). Whenever you generate an error like this one, a line will potentially be added to your error_log file. If you can find that line, you'll have more of an idea as to what's going on. It may also be in your rarehares.com root folder, since it's mentioned in the error message on the page.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads