Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CI HOST

Member #
    anyone have any thoughts on this place, they seem to look ok, i want to get a dedicated server and host a few accounts.

-thanks!
    "It's very important not to embellish on your order. No extraneous comments. No questions. No compliments."
    - Jerry, in "The Soup Nazi"

Member #
    they are ok from what i heard -- they had a problem with AOL blocking all there ip's check out http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3069241
    to read about it --

There users could not send email to a AOL user
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    I used to have them a long time ago. They were the worst service. There were times that the site was down for days! They own www.cishostsucks.com so no one can talk bad about them. They used to own anoher domain that supposedly rated hosting companies. They of course were always number one - this until the BBB found out about them & shut them down.

Check this out: http://www.forumhosts.com/cihost.htm

Member #
    I would definately stay away from them thanks for the heads up Corey

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Anytime - sorry that I did miss this post in the beginning. Hopefully it is not too late. I usually do not speak bad about any company - but they gave me the worst service. Sure they offer phone support, but they do not tell you that you might be on hold for 2 hours before getting help.

Member #
    Yea thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I didnt do any business with them. I also uncovered some info about their CEO back when he was in college, he tried to sue the prof. because he was given a C for a final grade, turns out....the professor then uncovered that he cheated in the course.

Sound like a honest guy, dont think so....do you think his company operates on the same wavelength, probably.

Take it easy!
    "It's very important not to embellish on your order. No extraneous comments. No questions. No compliments."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Good ol' C I Don't Give a Damn About Anything But the Bottom Line, Therefore You Don't Matter Host. I haven't heard that name in months now, not since their many petitions/lawsuits and their incredibly stupid human billboard stunt:

http://www.evolvedsites.com/cipetition.html
    http://www.eedesign.com/pressreleases/prnewswire/66255

Mind you, this little gem was brought to my attention a few minutes ago and I gotta say, it really made my day. Attaboy Chris. Make yet another promise you can't possibly keep.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/prn/texas/2194378

(Can anyone else find the glaring and painfully obvious logic flaw in this?)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    LOL, thats the dumbest thing I ever heard of. And 100 percent uptime is not possibly. Ive read the contract, they say that exclues all natural events, like fiber being chopped, or bad weather, or tier 1 provider outages.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It also clashes with the 30-minute hardware replacement guarantee. If they have to put in new hardware, then the server is down.

The natural events beyond their control are things they can't be blamed for, and that's understandable (like what happened in northeastern US and Ontario with the blackouts in August.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    im surprise they still going stronge under the same company name -- the name cihost is damaged
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads