Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Im currently hosting my site with www.ch0ices.com and I am very happy with the service, they have helped me out a lot with problems and thier support is great, however, I am now looking for another host for another one of my sites that I am building for a client, www.rcthost.com seems extremely good value, has anybody here used them before if so what are they like?

Are there other hosts that any of you have used that you are very impressed with that are good value for money? Dont worry I do pay for hosting, (although my old sites are hosted for free:dead: )

any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated,

Thank You,
    Daniel

Member #
    www.oneandone.com - which have a special pre-opening offer after their redesign atm.
    www.oneandone.co.uk is their UK counterpart.
    www.34sp.co.uk - UK based.
    www.fasthosts.com.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    My current host has been hosting WDF for around 1.5 years without a problem: http://www.hostmatters.com/ .
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Ah thank you, I shall have a look at these you have listed, if there is any other people here with hosts the would reccoment please keep them coming, Thank You guys

what about rcthost.com? any of you tried them? or wehat do you think they are like looking from their offered packages?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry to disagree with Filbert, but I do not trust oneandone... their domain registration is particularly deceptive. Whereas for 2.56+VAT/year you can register a .co.uk with 123reg (Webfusion) and get full DNS service and control over your domain, oneandone make a big deal of their 1.99/year deal but don't tell you (until you've bought) that you then have to either host with them or move the IP Tag away... well... it might say it somewhere in the small print, but it's not obvious. A good way of "trapping" you into their hosting.

Will agree, however, that 34sp.com (at 15/year) is good value... a US host that I use are incredible value if you wish to resell. $15/month gets you 1GB of webspace and 20GB of bandwidth on which you can host as many sites as you wish (potential reselling)... that's http://www.pixiehost.com... their site may not be fantastic, but their support is good.

One to avoid? Prowebspace (aka Hostelite)... I like the forums, but have had so much trouble with them over the last 6-8 months (lost sites, poor support etc.) that I would not recommend anybody to go to them *yet*... there are signs they are improving, but there is no point being a "pioneer" if, ultimately, you lose your reputation as a result.

Sean

Member #
    Your not disagreeing with him, he didn't make that post

Member #
    hehe lol - it was me.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thank You everyone for all your suggestions? But still (sorry if its sounds like I'm nagging) but has any body been on the www.rcthost.com site? I think their prices sounds awesome

Member #
    I agree they do, but to me 12000MB and upwards data transfer per month to me sounds like a miracle, let alone human. Never had an experience of them though.

Member #
    No, Thats the only reason I haven't gone straight ahead and done it, I have a mate whos site is www.trials-uk.com and he uses them so I shall ask him what he thinks of them after a month or to, if you visit that site could you please give an opinion on how fast you think it loads? considering its full of images etc?

Thank You,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads