Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: would you choose a local host

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would

1 25.00%
  • Doesnt Matter

2 50.00%
  • No I Wouldnt

0 0%
  • Depends On Price

1 25.00%
  • Depends on if its free

0 0%
    Member #
    I was wondering how many peoples would prefer to use a local host compared to a host you found on the internet -- what would be the benefit of getting a local host ?
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

JR
    Member #
    Depends what I want the hosting for. If it was something important I would probably use a British host.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Most hosts hire out their servers to datacenters of other companies... so meh. Local means nothing. I'd rather have a host that uses their own DC than anything else. That way there's no playing the blame game, when the web site goes down, it's their fault, no one elses. Location doesn't really matter... except for the stability of their pipeline, which can be affected by location.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Originally posted by JR
    Depends what I want the hosting for. If it was something important I would probably use a British host.
    Thats what i was thinking ----if its important you want phyical access to the server if something happens
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Your question is kind of ambiguous. What do you mean by local host? Do you mean within city limits, state or country. I can almost guarantee that a host in your city does not have their servers located there. Most webhosting companies are based in one place, but have their servers in colocation facilities. It saves money for the customer and the company, so really I don't think that location of the servers matters a whole lot.

Member #
    Originally posted by GrandmasterB
    Your question is kind of ambiguous. What do you mean by local host? Do you mean within city limits, state or country. I can almost guarantee that a host in your city does not have their servers located there. Most webhosting companies are based in one place, but have their servers in colocation facilities. It saves money for the customer and the company, so really I don't think that location of the servers matters a whole lot.

Well local host mean your local area -- if you can get there in lets say 20 minutes -- that would be your local host ... well there are host in my city that house there own servers .. all you really need is a T1 to get started .. location matters if it your own server and your responsible for repairs .. would you fly 200 miles to install a harddrive .. or pay the tech 75.00 hr to do it for you .. even for your shared hosting it matters -- if im in the USA and your in UK -- it will take me more hops to get to your site then a site in the USA
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    It depends ...
    If my website is for Greek audience only, I would buy from a local host.
    But when I want an internation Website, internet host in USA, UK, or Italy whould fit me
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Remove Ads