Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Originally posted by Panther
    I host my site on my own home computer and I you have a dynamic IP address
    I would also like to host my website on my PC swell as on the web I was thinking it was a good idea as my PC is on all day and into most of the night... anwho im on a LAN connected to a HUB (the hub is the gateway... from the information I have im guessing I have a dynamic IP or something... and I know I need a server program... maybe a step by step instruction could help...
    Thanks for any help im sure you have helped more then just me.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i am also cureious

i am also curious how to set up a webserve in my pc

where i can host my website

i have apache installed on my pc i just want to know how can i publish my webpage availabe on internet.

Member #
    Xitami

I just set up Xitam.. (or what ever its called) and it seems to be running fine, it tells me its running on port 80.
    this is all good and well but i down thik people out side of my LAN can bet to it i still need a friend to try it and there all offline.

*I have no idea what im doing*

Member #
    Re: Xitami

Originally posted by beverman
    I ...i down thik people out side of my LAN can bet to it i still need a friend to try it and there all offline...
    *I have no idea what im doing*
    Man my speling gets really bad at 1:30 AM

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm hosting a server on my PC too, but it's only for testing PHP an mySQL (I never configured them correctly ) I hope i'll be able some day to find a way to run PHP on my PC...

Member #
    I run my own development server at home.

I'm using Apache 2.0, MySQL, PHP, ASP and JSP all on a windows XP pro system without any problems.

I of course don't leave it on all the time as it's only a dev server but setting it up wasn't really that hard and i did it all myself

As long as you RTFM* you should be fine. You just need to be fairly confident and have a basic idea of what you want and what you'll be needing. Looking on google there are plently of guides out there.

If you want some help at all in setting up an apache or IIS server just let me know, and i'd be happy to help guide you through the processes.

*Read The Fecking Manual

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I read the whole manuals, reinstalled everything again and again, now I installed AppServer wich is configured allready but every time I run a PHP script the page is white and nothing happens...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quite frankly, the electricity required to run your own server is far more costly than even a semi-decent hosting package. Unless you just want to learn it, or are hosting an intranet application, it's uselss IMO.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Well the problem I have (im new to all of this) is I am trying to set up a server on my PC over a LAN, this is because I cannot set up a server on a HUB (dur...) I found this impossible... is it really impossible? if someone has done it could you please help me?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am hosting a server on a LAN, the other people just have to type my IP Address or my PC's name...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads