Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi,
    I am looking for a web host for my site. I do not need a huge plan, just something to give me a reliableand affordable host. Also that will allow me to upload my pages with ease and allow for cgi and etc. A domain name is also something I am looking to buy. Any suggestions or help?

JR
    Member #
    I would recommend www.34sp.com.

Take a look through this forum for other reviews and recommendations from the users of WDF.

Where are you living? UK? USA?
    JR

Member #
    I live in the U.S. Im a high school senior so my budget is tight but i want to buy some hosting..

Banned
    Member #
    Hi,

Maybe you need to post your requirements on web space and bandwidth.

Regards
    D.

Member #
    Dont really have any....im only using it to display my work and all. Not for a large company or anything

JR
    Member #
    I would go with www.34sp.com then. They're great
    JR

Member #
    I recommend DROAmerica.com for registering and PowWeb for hosting. At least that's what I use, which I find to be great!
    BondMovies.com - "Nobody Does It Better."

JR
    Member #
    Don't go with DROAmerica for registering your domain, they send SPAM snail mail and try to trick people into renewing their domain with them.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Use Go Daddy for your domain no doubt... it's (generally) never a good idea to register your domain with your hosting company... adds an extra obsticle between you and your domain.

For hosting... which do you want, reliable, or affordable (and how affordable). I'm sorry to say, there's no magic hosts... While there are good ones that don't charge a lot - there's always going to be something that a few people have a problem with. Why? With such low prices they have to cut back somewhere. Whether it be overloading servers, lack of support, or having a server in the middle of jamaica, it's going to be something. You can have good luck with someone, but in the end if you want a gaurenteed quality host, you're going to pay for it. Don't get me wrong... for $40-50/yr you can get excellent hosting since it's such a competitive market.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    you may can get a sub-domain froom a friend who already has hosting and they can share there space with you -- yourname.yourfriends.com example --
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads