Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I already have my own domain name rh71.com and I need to register a domain name for our wedding (ie. meandher.com). I plan to have meandher.com point directly to a subdirectory of rh71.com like "www.rh71.com/projects/wedding/index.html" ... can this happen ? If the ns-names are going to be the same as rh71.com for meandher.com, how will it know to point to a specific file/directory within it ?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    when you register you'll have to choose that you have hosting and you just need a domain name and just tell your hosting company to redirect it to your website...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What you want is what is called "add on domains"...

On CPanel it is easy to host add-on domains... unfortunately, looking at your host's site (NT hosting at readyhosting, right?) it does not look as if you can do it, so you may be forced to use forwarding as suggested above.

Just in case you are using CPanel or similar after all, there is a tutorial on it at http://www.v7inc.com/tutorial/cpanel_xv2_addon.htm

Best Wishes,

Sean

Member #
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like Godaddy's free parking services (with forwarding) allows exactly what I need and even offers URL masking... according to the response I got from their tech support.

Thanks anyway... good to know for a few of you too I'm sure.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    don't mention it

Remove Ads