Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://www.anoxhosting.com/index.html

Somebody here refered the host I linked to above and it looks good to me. But I have a few questions about it, help from anybody is appreciated.

1. In the billing process it asks you if you already have a domain, or if you want anoxhosting to register it for you. Dose that mean there is free domain registration, and if so is there a limit? It's the only time it's mentioned on the site.

2. I want it to host more than one domain name. Is it possible to have www.something.com and www.somethingelse.com on the same host, and would anoxhosting let this? Would that be a reseller account even if it is used by the same person?

As you can probably tell I've only used free hosting, so I'm new at this:ermm:

Thanks
    Jason

Member #
    1. I don't see a price for their domain name registration service. Some hosts include 1 free domain for new customers, but if it is free, there will certainly be a limit of 1. I would highly recommend registering your domain elsewhere, so it's not tied to this host in the event that they fold. www.godaddy.com is a highly reputable registrar, and it's only $8 a year to register a domain.
    2. It doesn't look like you'll be able to do this with this host. What you want is a package that offers multiple full domains. They're a bit more expensive, but Hostony is a host that I use and recommend, and they allow multiple domains on all but their lowest package. Multiple domain packages will be more expensive in general though.

Member #
    from the looks of it it would be cheaper to buy two different anoxhosting accounts than to buy one from hostony :cheeky: .

My origonal plan was to buy my domain name, buy a host, and split the cost with my sister, and i would host her site... and it would have been 33$ a year for each of us... lol.

thanks for the help, I had no idea that having multiple full domain names where anything special.
    Jason

Member #
    hmm another user going for price instead of quality -- good luck ~~~

if a host charge 33 a year -- how can they afford support -- a support tech cost more then that ---

but hey thats my 0.02
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    it's 60 a year, minus 10$ (first two months are free) and then plus 16$ (two domain names) which is 66$

And I'm sharing it with my sister so it get's cut in half.

It is also the cheapest plan they have. I think it's a reseller account too, but they are selling the resources in smaller chunks, and for cheaper. I highley doubt that I will be able to use all the resources, since I was only using 15% of my old free account at brinkster...
    Jason

Remove Ads