Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a guy that has several web domain names...he wants me to forward them to the website I made for him.

I have never done this before, what do I need and how do I this???

anybody?

thanks for any help!

Member #
    If you the domains are registered with GoDaddy, this can be done from the domain administration panel. If not, check to see if your host allows you to park domain names. Parked domain names are one step better, because they will appear in the address bar instead of your main domain, making it appear as a fluid site. Example:

Parked domain name:
    User types in domain2.com
    They are brought to domain2.com. While surfing the site, domain2.com/page2.html will appear in the address bar.

Using GoDaddy's admin panel
    User types in domain2.com
    They are forwarded to primarydomain.com and start surfing from there.

GoDaddy offers a service called URL cloaking which will prevent this transition from being visible, but I've never used it. I'm also not sure if it will show the pages your visiting in the address bar, it may be similar to loading your entire page in a frame. Hope this helps.

Member #
    You can also do it from the DNS provider, if that is separate from your registrar. They should hopefully also have a feature for "stealth forwarding" which will not show that the domain is forwarding to another address.
    http://www.pearlsgirl.com

Remove Ads