Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Hey! I've just noticed this post by looking in my webstatistics.
    I'm the author of that site, and it isn't a joke.
    If you think it's a joke, look at the portfolio.

Member #
    To jamal:
    I suppose you are talking about the package that comes on the frontpage. Yes, it's cheap, but the package is up to 7 pages, all static HTML, etc. Would you pay more for a static HTML page with 7 pages? Of course not.
    If you want a database driven large site, of course it won't cost the same as a static HTML with 7 pages, obvious. Simple.

To anyone: Is it better to just let people ask for it, or is it better to show the cost of a prepared package?

Member #
    My take: No two websites you build are going to be exactly the same. One person may want 3 pages, the next may want 30. By offering a price right on the front page, you could be scaring off some people who think you're too low, and others who think you're too high (they may have a smaller amount of work that you could do for them at a smaller price). I stay away from offering a set number of pages at a set price, because the chances are slim that a prospective client will come across my site and need "exactly" the amount of pages in one of my packages. Some clients of mine have required large pages with PHP scripting, while others have needed small html-only sites.

Also, by offering a package price, you miss out on charging a wealthy client more money. If Bill Gates came to you and asked you for a website, I think you'd be a little disturbed at charging him less than $300.

Member #
    Yes, you are right. I will begin tomorrow with a new web re-design and will make a contact form isntead of the prepared packages.
    Thanks

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If I was going to go that way I would offer tailormade packages with individual prices and have some examples listed. Lob in a couple of buzzwords like 'consultancy', 'logistics' or 'bespoke' and you're all set .

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, mossoi

What happened to that lovely blue lobster thingie? Did that other dude eat him?
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    An unfortunate case of mutation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads