Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You get what you pay for. Note that many young web designers and hosters don't understand the concept of running a business, true competition and service, and profit, and charge ridiculously low prices.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Filburt's points are all true. However, in the future please refrain from starting threads to insult the websites of other members.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    spluf, he wasn't insulting the website per se... only the information presented therein.

That said, my own website has a lot to ridicule in content: http://www.transio.com hehe ;-)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Originally posted by jamal
    http://www.xtdesign.net/en/index.asp
    It is not a joke. As there are very bid compition in webdesigning field. It is actual price what one can stand.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i really want to know.

Originally posted by filburt1
    You get what you pay for. Note that many young web designers and hosters don't understand the concept of running a business, true competition and service, and profit, and charge ridiculously low prices.
    I really want to know the concept of running a business in such big competiton. If anyone can explain me.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It's not something that can be explained in a thread's post, it can only be learned through experience, training, and education (dammit).
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You don't need education.

Some people who drop out of high school can run a business well. Especially those who start a business and fail. They can learn from mistakes and begin to understand the "industry" (if it can really be called that).

I personally am going into business and computer science after high school, and actually I just recently got accepted to do the 5 year program...

Anyway, this isn't a joke, if this guy wants to charge lower prices for some reason, thats fine. If a customer sees this website over one that says the same package for 800 dollars, who will choose the 800 package? Most customers don't understand the value of a website (customer wise), so they don't really understand who has the better business values for web design.

I know this from experience as about one year ago I designed a website, and the client asked me how much me and my partner wanted. We told him 250 would be a good, flat fee, and he accepted. That still works out to be some 25 dollars an hour as it was a small business website. Does that make my design a joke?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hummm

By the way i am already working with some freelance websites. One can't get good design at low price. But i worked and feel that if you want to stand with other companies you have to provide good design at low price.

Note: By the way i already finish 59 jobs at a freelance site. [ i am telling you this out of my experience]

Member #
    You don't need an education, but by not having one you have alienated yourself from 70% of those you want to do business with.

The people that perform the best in this business have a lot of sales experience... Running a business is not difficult. Customer service is what counts, not flashy websites, or fancy copywriting. What matters is the relationship you develop with your customer; if he doesn't trust you then you're done.

You need to be able to stand behind what your selling, and you need to be able to handle the problems in a way that causes everyone to walk away with a smile on their face. What do the customers want? They want someone that understands their business, someone that can see things from their perspective. How else could you ever hope to be effective anyway?

It doesn't matter whether you're running a web design house, a hosting comp, or a wholesale distributor. You need to effectivily manage your business for success, and except no alternative.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads