Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    i need help thinking of a name for my website, lol.

I'm having trouble finding a name that sounds cool, has meaning (and is easy enough for people to understand the meaning), and has relevance to the sites content.

<rant class="skippable_information">
    One of the problems is that my site covers alot of stuff, so I was calling it NERO media, but that sounded too much like like th nero burning software, and nero media player and stuff. so I changed it to VERUS media, but it dosen't make sense to anyone, and nobody realy knows how to even pronounce "verus" (heh, neither do I!), and somebody might think it's a misspell of "versus".

Now I'm thinking of calling it "Vanguard art", but there is more on the site than just art, and there are many other sites that deal with the same things that are called "vanguard" something...

</rant>

Dose anybody have any suggestions? It has to be somewhat cool sounding, and the name itself written out has to be able to fit well with a fantasy/science fiction styled layout. It also has to be releveant to my site which contains: my art (not fanart or alot of anime), Art tutorials, web design tutorials, models (plastic, ect.), modeling tutorials, music, videogames, and free downloadable desktops and photoshop brush sets and stuff. Theres alot of stuff so it would be hard to make a name like "webdesignforums.net" for it, since it covers alot of different things...

suggestions, places where I could get suggestions, and places where i could be inspired for names would be greatyly appreciated and rewarded with turtle $$

-thanks
    Jason

Member #
    Well the design of your site makes me think of a name like "grayscale ideas", but that sounds too drab. maybe try simple stuff, like where you're from, or a cool sounding spelling of your name, but that only works if youve got an uncommon name.

Newage art? You've got a lot of modern stuff there, anime, web design and so on, or maybe Centerstage. I'm just thrownin out some ideas here, so good luck.
    If its not in Family Guy its not worth it.

Member #
    thanks, your good at naming things, heh. The site that is in my profile is the old site and design though...

http://www20.brinkster.com/mosspatch/VM.html

none of the links work though
    Jason

Member #
    Advertising....

jf1288, you offer some good advice there, it is a good idea to think of an interesting spelling of your name, I had never thought of that one before
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Miscellaneous (sp?), no?

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    my 2 sites:

tekp (my initials)
    nether sanctuary (nether = is to be updated a lot, to last forever - hopefully - sanctuary = a place where i can be, to post stuff etc.)

try to think of some cool words like "nether" and stuff, and integrate them together to form a sense-making sentence (im not sure if this is one of those but yaknow)...
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    you have four initials? heh, that's neat.

I opened a dictionary the other day, but i couldn't find any words that sounded cool enough, but still understandable in the meaning.

verus media sounds good to me, but nobody knows what it is, and nobody knows how to pronounce it (not even me)....
    Jason

Member #
    ideas (most are stupid, but im just throwin stuff out):

Wagner designs/media. The WagBag. headspike (that wierd thing on the guys face). Newage info/tech/exposotory/gallery/other.

Anything good?

Why does it all seem to be in latin?
    If its not in Family Guy its not worth it.

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    yeh i have 4 :P but im not gonna say them tho although somebody knows............

try thinking of names of songds, they usually have nifty names. Nether Sanctuary was taken from a Nightwish song called Gothic Sanctuary
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    designzone|designcollection|designshop|dreamware|a rtplay|kefkazone|kefkamorphosis|kefkameditation

Last three playing on booktitles and the name similarity to Franz Kafka.
    S. Rosland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads