Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    When getting a name, you may think having common words in it may be cool, but the fact is over the years, alot of the common combinations of words have already been used. If you own a company called "Scripters" and you make custom scripts obviously it is taken, and you will result to .net, .org which from surveys of owners doesn't look good on there rep when they are 'seconed-class'. (Doesn't apply for anime communities, anime webmasters just register any cool thing they can find available )

Try to have a unique, short, catchy name, believe it or not this will also contribute to your overall success, if its catchy they will remember, and even if they don't have any direct interest in your site, they are able to refer you from the top of there head to friends, co-workers family if needed.

I have been webmastering for years now, years and years and years, and when you want to take businesses etc proffesionally online, there are some stuff you must look into before just going ahead and buying a domain.

This for sure isn't everything, I would lik everyone who thinks there is a domain fact that people should know about to post it here.

Also please stay away from .tk free or paid domains for those people who want to make a pro rep, but want to be cheap.
    Arunan S.
    CEO/President
    ServerLines, LLC.

Member #
    I think getting a domain is a advantage. Suppose you want to give your friend your address "goto http://wplanet.76hosting.com" for example. Is it better to tell him "Goto webmastersplanet.com ???".

Also domains are a MUST for business websites.
    .Tk are good for personal use
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Member #
    Yeah, i used to use .tk and .cjb.net but now i only ever get proper domains because free ones are so 'unpro'

Regards,
    Mark

Member #
    I was thinking about getting a .info domain (basically because the .com's & co.uk's had already gone).

Is this a good idea?

Thanks

Mr Belfry

Member #
    Originally posted by Superman
    because free ones are so 'unpro'
    Ok, I'm coining that phrase as my own. I'm sure it's gonna be the next Do you Yahoo!?

Member #
    When choosing a domain name, I thibk in SEO tems. So to host my "Chronicles of Empire" music I was going to use chroniclesofempire.com, which is otherwise a redirect. Then I thought I could maybe optimise with a domain name to reflect that. Now bought www.period-music.com and building the site.

Member #
    site hunt

you seem a person that may like the site gdy says is up---may i ask a favor? can you find http://sciencefunction.org---my site, wild sci-fi, etc. please advise---address is follishly on site. thanx---anyone find this critter?

Member #
    Which would you choose as your domain- that starts with an "e" or and "i"?

ex. "edomain.com" or "idomain.com"

Banned
    Member #
    Well sometimes you may get lucky with domain names. I registered this year businessaddress.us for example. For keep searching for good domains.

D.

Member #
    e for electronic and i for internet

I'd pick "e"
    Jason

Remove Ads