Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: edatarack.net

Member #
    www.edatarack.net/hosting.html Has a pretty good deal what do you guys think?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    NOTE: Post moved from free hosting thread since it doesn't really have to do with free hosting.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think they need to realize it doesn't snow in the springtime most places.

However, the pricing overall doesn't look bad, and assuming they paid for it (which I'd imagine they did since their logo is on them), I like the fact that they provide the DemoDemo tutorials. Those aren't cheap (not that they should be: the team that made them did a lot of work), and they have quite a few of them on there. So that in itself's a good sign.

I just don't like hosts that don't provide phone support. I don't even care if it's 800-based support or not. They should at least have some backup method of contact in case their own server is down or for some reason, they can't receive email. (I also found it odd that they only have one DNS server for their own domain...I haven't seen that done before.)

So I guess my answer is "cautiously optimistic that they would provide a decent service."
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CULPRITCEO
    www.edatarack.net/hosting.html Has a pretty good deal what do you guys think?
    Here is my experience with eDatarack, with whom I somehow managed to stay for nearly 2 years.

E-mail server is down at least once a month - meaning that it is unreachable. On top of that, e-mails are routinely delivered a few days late, or just simply disappear without a trace.

To say that their support is unhelpful - is to say nothing. They usually have two approaches of dealing with request tickets: either posting a rude reply claiming customer's ignorance and blaiming all problems on some unknown entity, or just quietly deleting open tickets. Yet lately they adopted a new approach - simply ignoring all requests.

A lovely company!

Member #
    BEFORE YOU CONSIDER EDATARACK

SO....How many times do users have to report rude behavior before others will take it to heart? My webmistress recommended Edatarack..what a NIGHTMARE! I was constantly denied access to my own control panel and could not adjust any settings for months. Months without being able to forward or access my web email on my business site! There is no way to contact this company by phone, and judging by the rude written communications it is probably because a verbal conversation with any of the employees would end in threats of murder. When the website kept telling me I could not access my control panels because of a "security encryption error" I started asking around to find out what this meant. Every professional programmer I knew said it was a problem with the host site. I followed the "Help (yeah, right) Desk" proceedure and sent a tickect request for the problem. I even included TWO email addresses for them to respond to. I got no response. A week later I went to my "Help Desk" account and did not find and open or closed "tickets" at all. I sent another request. I was told that I had to visit my "Help Desk Account" and check the "closed tickects"...still nothing. I wrote again. Then the letters started sounding like a teenager was writing them, rude and sarcastic. FInally a "closed ticket" appeared. I wrote to say that my problem was not corrected (they denied any fault or offered any solution) and asked why I had to "visit" the online system instead of them being courteous enough to respond to one of the TWO email addresses I supplied for them. Mark...Techinical (uh huh) Support writes, "Guess what, when we answer a ticket...I don't understand why people can not figure out there is submit a ticket, open tickets (where you click to see unanswered tickets), why cant they fiigure out to try and hit closed tickets." (this is EXACTLY as originally wirtten, complete with missing apostrophes and quote marks.) It is obvious that "Mark" is not only rude but illiterate as well. From this point the rudeness became greater. I intended to complain to the CEO (and Mark challenged me to do so), but after reading the posts here, I think it would be a waste of time. I AGREE...RUN, DON'T WALK FROM THIS COMPANY! SInce you require that I be hosted by this compnay to accept my letter...DO IT FAST!...I AM GETTING OUT!
    Check out these experiences...they were mine as well:
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/eDataRack.html
    http://www.webhostsurf.com/business.asp?bizid=31
    http://www.hostdetective.net/details/27.html

Member #
    As someone who's been with them for a while, I've had my share of bizarre and immature interactions with them. I'm still wit hthem, because I'm lazy and they're inexpensive.

A few years back, someone I read on livejournal was looking for recommendations. I gave a cautious recommendation but added a remark that it was "like eating at some greek restaurants--the product is excellent, but the service sucks." Or something like that, anyway.

Well... I ended up getting a response from edatarack, challenging me to prove my opinion. But the response was replied to, anonymously, in her thread-replies. To this day, I still wonder how they found the comment...

For more on this particular set of transactions, you might also want to check out the followng URLs:
    http://rm.livejournal.com/164529.htm...636337#t636337
    and
    http://geoectomy.livejournal.com/tag/edatarack

Now, to see if *this* comment brings reprisals.

Cheers;
    --jait

Remove Ads