Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: This host.

Member #
    This host, http://onestopwebhost.com seems like a great deal, but it seems kind of unreliable. It doesn't seem that proffesional.

Anybody have any experience with it?

I am looking for a cheap host that is good.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Here's the problem, there are cheap hosts, there are reliable hosts.

There are not cheap reliable hosts, at least, not that cheap.

For a cheap host that has pretty good uptime, great features and so-so support, check out UZIPP.

For a reliable (somewhat cheap) host check out Dinsol.

These are just my reccomendations. From the look of their website, I can almost guarentee they aren't relaible. why? They're not ready to put enough of an effort into to either redesign their stie, purchase a template, or hire a designer. It shows lack of effort and unwillingness to spend money.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    http://www.webdesignforums.net/showt...topWebHost.com <--- Hall of Shame thread.

Always check the Hall of Shame. There's quite a bit in there.

Brak's right too...with web hosting, the rule "you get what you pay for" is multiplied by a factor of about 50. Even before i realized that One Stop Web Host is in the HoS, I had my doubts simply because of the way-too-low price.

Another sign is PayPal. I haven't yet seen a host that accepts PayPal (exclusively from the looks of it) and is in business for any longer than about 3 months.

Some recommendations for decent hosts (besides Brak's):

Sectorlink. They're my host and anyone who knows me knows how seriously I take decisions related to my business. Very straight-up company to deal with, and support tickets are usually answered within 1 hour (I even had one answered in 60 seconds once...something I have never seen before or since.)

United Hosting (England). Run by a very decent guy named Matt.

I think the best way to educate a newcomer to hosting is by parody. Check out the following two sites:
    Suck A$$ Host
    Cheesey Host

Both of them use satire to outline the perils associated with selecting a low-quality host. There are lessons to be learned from these two sites. Learn them well, grasshoppa.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Nice advice.

P.S. Game, due to our godly powers we are unaware of the powers of those mortals.

What does this mean? Regular users can't see threads in the HoS anymore because they're banned - and thus hidden from all but mod/admins.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Damn, forgot about that. Maybe that forum should be reopened just so that people know which hosts to avoid.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Will change the conditional eventually to unhide posts in the HoS.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Good call.

Remove Ads