Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I was wondering if anyone here has had any prior experiences, good or bad, with the company. A Dutch client of mine uses them and I was just curious to compare notes.

Any reviews I could get would be appreciated. Thanks.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    http://is.nl
    It seems really nice, it's one of the first hosting sites I visit that have nice design.
    I suppose it's good, because they are physically established in NL and provide also internet connection access.
    http://www.is.nl/pages/overons/
    At that page you can see that they have done a good inversion in the company, as a few things of there cost money.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's kinda hard for me to verify. I can't read Dutch.

If you could translate it for me, I'd appreciate it.

And have you used them or are you just looking at the site? I'm not trying to be stupid; I just want to hear what others who have actually used them think.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I've not used them, I'm only saying that they look professional.
    And I don't think you will find any member of WDF who has used them as I've not seen any Dutch here before.

I can translate you a bit if you want...
    But what would you like to read in English?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just use bablefish!! Its not perfect but it does support dutch ~ english translation among many others.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I've tried using Babelfish with pages on their site before and I didn't know what the heck they were talking about once the results came out. That's why I asked.

http://www.is.nl/pages/producten/dedicated_hosting.asp

Translates to:
    ISPRODUCTEN AND SERVICES Products Access Inbel-account ADSL products ADSL information SDSL products SDSL information SDSL versus leased line Field control overview extensive Aanmeldservice E-mail facilities e-mail virus scan Hosting Shared webhosting extra information (shared) Dedicated hosting Housing rack example service Levels Product overview requests information product-hot ones downloads Dedicated hosting Ever thought of an own server? Interned services ARE offer you a solution where you profit optimally of the advantages. However, do not like, the charges. We buy a server for you on the basis of your specifications and ambitions. The server is arranged and IS Interned services ensures the physical maintenance of the server. We offer an optimum server space to the server and provide a very reliable Internet connection. Then you have rather job: the server stands whole to your arrangement. By means of leaseconstructie you pay an amount monthly for the server. This way enjoys you all benefits an own server and saves you considerably on your investment - and maintenance costs. Your advantages at ARE Dedicated server server tailored without high investment Windows 2003 server software own - or particular software/components possible rack strength and working memory 100% for your Internet sites indefinite number of field names leaped about support vast with restricted costs hardwarematig maintenance by IS 24x7 incl. monitoring by professional helpdesk Your advantages at ARE Managed Dedicated server the Managed Dedicated option have the same advantages as the Dedicated plus... no technical (server)expertise require software updates and patches adequately in management of ARE IS makes already your users, parcels and databases to daily backup, weekly remote backup Has been had suites in of the most sophisticated that-ace-delicate of the Netherlands. Our servers are rapidly and stable and have a connection with realised up-time of no less than 99.985 percent (figures 2001). For this reason your Internet site is at us in good hands. His own server has this way its advantages. You can entirely adapt your server to the specific demands which your Internet site to a server makes. Because a Internet site is more than one collection Html-pagina's. With pay your databases, network links - and central office systems, your customer data and e-mail are nowhere more safe than on your own server. Moreover you have no charge of other Internet sites which influence the performances of your server. Solution tailored IS several solutions for arranging dedicated offer server. Three basis implementation can be extended by you entirely. You can choose solution for your own a tailor-made job. In consultation between of our employees a server on your specifications and increase is composed. Dedicated server are possible provide become with rise capacity and security in the form of RAID-1, RAID-5 or RAID-10, extra rack strength in the form of several processors and aansluitmogelijkheden to external equipment. Dedicated get in server 1 ARE Dell PowerEdge 750 Intel Celeron processor 512 MB internal memory 80 GB SATA harddisk Standard Dedicated server 2 IS Dell PowerEdge 1750 Intel Xeon processor 512 MB internal memory 36 GB SCSI harddisk Vast Dedicated server 3 IS Dell PowerEdge 2650 Hyper-Threading Intel Xeon processor 512 MB internal memory dual-channel SCSI RAID controler 128 MB cache 36 GB SCSI harddisks RAID-1 (?) Tariffs one-off per month get in Dedicated server 1 12 months? 350.00? 358.00 24 months? 350.00? 299.00 36 months *? 350.00? 269.00 Standard Dedicated server 2 12 months? 350.00? 460.00 24 months? 350.00? 370.00 36 months *? 350.00? 325.00 Vast Dedicated server 3 12 months? 350.00? 533.00 24 months? 350.00? 421.00 36 months *? 350.00? 364.00 Extra services per month Microsoft SQL 2000 server (single processor license)? 196.00 24/7 monitorings service (4 different media)? 10.00 * Server becomes automatically your property after contract. Additional options faster or dual processors more rise space extra memory raid configuration (RAID configurations 1.,5 or 10) Software, installation and configuration Windows 2003 server/IIS/service Packs & updates installation and configuration complete Internet safe system IP numbers IP security policy (firewall) of application Delivery period At purchase of (Managed) Dedicated server you must take into account a delivery period of three weeks. Internet connection After placing the Dedicated server you have 100 Mbit fast ethernet connection on the network of ARE. Our network has been linked with Level (3), NTT/Verio, TrueServer and AMS-IX (Amsterdam Internet Exchange) and Lipex (London). AMS-IX are Internet button point of the Netherlands. Here we exchange Internet movement with the most important Dutch providers and a large number of international proposers of Internet connectivity, the so-called peeren. Additional advantage for you: the network of IS entirely schaalbaar has arranged and is ready for your future increase! The costs for the Internet connection are added separately, so that you have always sufficient band width. Tariffs per month on the basis of date movement 0 - 5 GB? 45.00 basis tariff 5 - 100 GB? 6.50 by GB/mnd. extra 100 - 200 GB? 5.00 by GB/mnd. extra 200 GB and more on application Maintenance and service Hardwarematig maintenance to your Dedicated server is performed by the experts of IS and service partners. Itself is you responsible for softwarematige the maintenance. You can using bijv. Terminal services or PCAnywhere carries out system management. If jammings occur, you are informed automatically by means of the monitor services which ARE for several protocols offer. If by a jamming your server is no longer contactable, or to commando's reacts by a foutieve operation, you can your server by means of an interface by means of the Internet rebooten. The same service page shows beside news and skilful left also statistics of the consumed date movement of the connected machine, per day, per week, per month and per year. These services are included at Dedicated server standard. Managed Dedicated if you wish that IS softwarematige the maintenance look after because you for example yourself do not have this expertise in house then are that possibly in the Managed Dedicated form. IS not only looks after the software of the machine but also produces in consultation between you webhostingaccounts and/or databases. For further information on the Managed form of Dedicated server, you can take contact with ours sale department. LETTUCE A service Level agreement (LETTUCE) is included at the purchase of one or more Dedicated servers. This LETTUCE describes all operations which you can expect to guarantee the agreed service. In spite of that this a complete service implies, is it possible cut the LETTUCE tailored for your own specific need. For the drawing up of an adapted LETTUCE no extra costs are charged! The adaptation can be agreed in an additional service. More knows? You want further information on (Managed) Dedicated server, LETTUCE and/or other additional options gets in touch you then with the department sale, tel. 0299 - 476,185, e-mail: verkoop@is.nl All called amounts are in Euro's and exclusive 19% VAT. IS "products" dedicated hosting Further information: Download product-hot Top of the page 2003 ARE Interned services. disclaimer. general conditions
    As we all know, LETTUCE is an integral part of every dedicated server. That's why it's in CAPS. (Do they hold the mayo on that?)

The rest of that just plain makes no sense.

Member #
    Now, they are hosting and broadband internet providers, that's what they talk about

Remove Ads