Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Someone has asked about some more complicated rollovers in Dreamweaver, so I thought I'd make a quick tut on this. The task at hand is trying to make one image, when rolled over, cause another image to switch.

1. Name both images. In the properties box (CTRL+F3 if it's not visible), to the left of the width and height boxes is where you enter the name (in MX atleast). We'll name our images static (the one we want to rollover) and rollover (the one we want to change).

2. Select the image "static". In the Design panel, go to the Behaviors tab. (Press Shift+F3 if it's not visible). Select the + button and go down to swap image. You should see your two named images in the list. Here's where the difference between simple rollovers is: you want to select the image "rollover", and then select the image that you want to replace "rollover" on mouseover. You're doing all of this while the image "static" is selected, so you're telling Dreamweaver that upon "static's" mousover, change "rollover". After you select a mouseover for rollover, make sure the two boxes below are checked, and click ok.

If you want to switch two images at once, this can be done this way too. Select the first image from the list, browse for it's mouseover state, and then click on the second image from the list and browse for it's mouseover state. Then click enter.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, feel free to post questions

Member #
    This is awesome...but I seem to have hit a snag. I have done all of the above, but the image thaqt is static is 381x253 px...the image I want to chage TO is 253x381px. the change happens perfectly, but the image when switched is stretched...how can I get the image to change dimensions right in the rollover? The rollover seems to take the same dimensions as the static image and I do not want that to happen...

Any help?

Member #
    what an old thread...

Remove Ads