Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I though that you might be able to use this.

http://www.thesitewizard.com/netsyndic/index.shtml

It is a free program that allows you to syndicate your articles to other websites while still maintaining control over the content of your articles. You can make changes on your master, and it effects all sydicates. Pretty Cool.

I've never used the Syndicator Wizard, but I've used their form wizard, and it's a great help for someone who is just starting out on these things.

MaFunk

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    The advantages of using a JavaScript to syndicate your articles are:
    [list=1][*]The article is hosted on your own web space. You can thus update it any time you wish.[*]You avoid the problem of the other websites modifying your article without your consent.[/list=1]

The disadvantages are:
    1. If you syndicate your article to 100 websites, and 1000 visitors visit each of those 100 websites, your web server would have served your JavaScript 1000 X 100 times. In other words, you will be paying for the bandwidth for the display of your article on the other sites.
    2. Not every webmaster will allow you to submit a JavaScript of your article. Most of them prefer to host the actual article. Furthermore, no search engine that I know of (at this time) will actually execute your JavaScript in order to index the actual content. Thus if you want to use this method, you should probably keep a normal HTML version that you use on your own site, so that at least your version is indexed by the search engines. In a sense, this is also an advantage, since the search engines would not consider your page a mirror of any other page as it would not be able to index the JavaScript-generated version on the other sites.
    3. If visitors disable JavaScript in their browser, the page will not display your article. The NetSyndic-generated JavaScript will show a message asking the visitor to enable JavaScript in order to view the page.
    An RSS/RDF feed would be much better, albeit harder to set up. On the plus side, it's easier to implement and customise on the receiving website.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads