Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Logo Competition for WDF website!

Member #
    Liked
    264 times
    Hi all WDF'ers.

We are in the process of upgrading the sites look and feel, and have decided that we would like someone in the community to hold the key to the site, that is, the logo. We will be picking one lucky designer's logo layout after (insert date here) please be aware of the following while designing.

1. All logos (even if multiples) should be uploaded to This thread. No emailing or PM'ing, as they will not get counted.
    2. All logos have to be the dimensions of 400px X 110px, you can have multiples on one page (no bigger than letter size please)
    3. Make sure you watermark all your work to prevent plagiarism (if your unsure what watermarking is please refer to Wiki's definition - Un-watermarked designs will be removed from the thread so make sure you have something on the page.
    4. All images will be sent through the Google Image Search after the close date, this is to prevent people from plagiarism.
    5. The winner will have the logo up on the site for 6 months, after 6 months of its live date, it will be taken down and a new competition will start again.
    6. The timescale to send in your submissions is 1 month from the date of this thread start. So as it was posted on the 3rd May the cut date will be 3rd June 2013.

The only thing we would suggest you think about with including of the design is to have a recognizable image, that being for the FAV icon, or any place to show the site off (bottom of websites, forums, etc)
    Other than those things, please crack on and enjoy the designs, any questions, queries etc please ask within the thread and we shall do our best to help answer them.

Thanks
    -m3n0tu18
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    768 times
    M3 , you say they are upgrading ? Is the color palette going to stay the same ? Would make a big difference in the logo color choices.

If there's a plan to change the color, can the potential color choices be provided ? A color palette perhaps ?

When is the cut off date for this ? How long do we have to submit something ?

Member #
    Liked
    264 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 250547, member: 27723
    M3 , you say they are upgrading ? Is the color palette going to stay the same ? Would make a big difference in the logo color choices.

If there's a plan to change the color, can the potential color choices be provided ? A color palette perhaps ?

When is the cut off date for this ? How long do we have to submit something ?
    Hi Web,

Thanks for responding with those questions here's the answer to them:

1. The color palette is totally up to the designer. The new layout of the site will be a generic color scheme that would allow any style logo colors to be integrated. The reason we are doing that is due to the fact that every 6 months we plan to roll out another logo competition. As said earlier, the logo will stay live on the site for 6 months, then there will be a rinse and repeat.
    2. Apologies for not mentioning the cut off date... We decided but completely forgot to add it. The date will be 1 month from the posting of this Thread. So the 3rd June.

Any other questions feel free to add them. I shall add the date to the top of the thread now.
    -m3
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Hi,

I'd really like to participate, but unfortunately, I've realized that I'm not much of a graphic design dude. I'm slow at it, and my results aren't very good. It took me like, 6 hours to design my last business card. And it still wasn't very good. I'm actually planning to subcontract future artsy tasks to 99designs or fiverr or maybe someone local.

Good luck with the logo.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Well, we obviously didn't get the interest in the logo competition for this month. We'll see if any interest builds for this in the future and perhaps try again then.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i want to but no time.

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    Hemanthmali, you are totally flirting with being kick from our community, you do understand this? lol. This thread is over a YEAR old man, get real. TheGame already warned you once about useless posts and being kicked so I reckon you won't be around much longer. Can't say I won't miss your useless posts.

Member #
    Liked
    2790 times
    I sure did...and he sure is.

Thanks for the heads-up, boss.
    Fireproofgfx likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

SiF
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ah...I missed it; had just found this forum yesterday...

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    Yep you sure did, you missed the train by 2 years. Lmao
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads