Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe
  • 1 Post By sarahswansea

Thread: Best Header Design Contest!

Member #

Best Header Design Contest!

Hello,

I am looking for creative designers to use either css3 or jquery to do something similar to the header at
    Code:
    https://icomoon.io/

But, instead of using the slide animation that icomoon.io uses for their icons -- left to right, right to left etc..You will need to be more creative and use a different animation as this will be used on a for profit e-commerce website and I don't want to be sued for duplicating their idea. I have a few requirements:

First Requirement - It will only use Flags of the world icons, not general icons like
    Code:
    uses -- (I have the mini color flags set, or you can use your own if you already have them)
    Second Requirement: A globe in the center of the header that will rotate on the x-axis in the foreground (3D effect - showing distance from flags in background),
    Third Requirement: The header should be black and white, and when hovered over the icons should show their original color to stand out from the animation.
    Fourth and Final Requirement: I will use my logo in the center (foreground) and it will be above the spinning globe. A set height for the container div is not required at this time. Show your work.

I have seen a couple of potentially interesting ideas to include into the idea, but definitely not necessary. These are the animations only, not included into my idea. Something to think with if you need.

https://codepen.io/trungk18/pen/yJggrL
    https://codepen.io/NitrodeXXer/pen/YxrQer

Note: If you must use the slide animation as found on
    Code:
    , try adding transformations to it so it does not resemble the
    Code:
    header...

Payment Information:

Payment will be made via paypal, as far as the price I am willing to pay will be based on your creativity with my project.
    As far as the amount, I am willing work with you in terms of price, as I don't want to discourage your creativity with a small amount, and at the same time I don't want you to try and 'rip me off'...

With that said, open up your creative minds and begin your design...

PS: Don't forget to watermark your ideas before posting as others may copyright it, and you definitely don't want that.

Happy New Year and Merry Belated Christmas!
    Brian

Member #
    Liked
    946 times
    Is this one of those things where you "hold a contest", but really, you're just looking for people to do a bunch of work for you for free, and you get to pick "a winner", who is basically just the person who actually gets paid for their work? 'cause that's pretty much what it sounds like. In fact, that's exactly what this is, and I'll let you know that aside from being frankly unethical, it's highly unlikely to produce any quality results, mostly because anyone with half a brain sees through the marketing speak you're using to advertise it. The remaining people without half a brain couldn't code or design what you're wanting to any worthwhile standard to save their lives.

Why don't you take this over to a site like Fiverr or some other site where you can get 3rd world coders to half-*** your work at $4/hr.
    Matt @ BSH likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Roe View Post
    Is this one of those things where you "hold a contest", but really, you're just looking for people to do a bunch of work for you for free, and you get to pick "a winner", who is basically just the person who actually gets paid for their work? 'cause that's pretty much what it sounds like. In fact, that's exactly what this is, and I'll let you know that aside from being frankly unethical, it's highly unlikely to produce any quality results, mostly because anyone with half a brain sees through the marketing speak you're using to advertise it. The remaining people without half a brain couldn't code or design what you're wanting to any worthwhile standard to save their lives.

Why don't you take this over to a site like Fiverr or some other site where you can get 3rd world coders to half-*** your work at $4/hr.
    I am a worker, I can pay the developer, the only reason I won't go back to fiver is your right, people there do tend to do a poor job, but at you sure have the nerve to put someone in their place..Especially someone you haven't even met in person...Let me tell you this I hope you have the worst NEW YEAR!

Member #
    Liked
    946 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian07002 View Post
    Especially someone you haven't even met in person...Let me tell you this I hope you have the worst NEW YEAR!
    This had pretty much nothing to do with you personally, and was entirely about how this practice is basically tricking people into working for free, and promise a phantom amount that could be literally anything next to nothing for the "winner". But, if you want to take it personally and wish ill upon me, I suppose that's the intellectually easy route.

I am a man of solutions, though, so let me point you in the right direction: Hire someone directly. That can often be difficult, so I would recommend going with a placement outfit. I'm sure there are others, but I personally work through Robert Half Technology. They screen everyone and guarantee all the work their contractors do. Maybe give that a look.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Ronald Roe likes this.
    If I solved your problem, please support me on Patreon!
    Need a programmer? Hire me @ Tawesoft

Member #
    Liked
    946 times
    "Customers trust me, and they pay for the work I do." How about that...
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Remove Ads