Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Clients!

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Well I'm 14, so not many people are willing to hire me. soooo I'm willing to put together a quality website for free! I will also host your site! (temp) I need this as a resume builder so please dont take it down. (unless it violates major rules). Thanks!
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    You should also specifically look for a non-profit organization in your town or area.
    It's a lot easier to create a website for someone that you can meet in person.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    At 14, you're really gonna have a tough sell on your skills and abilities. Without people being able to see what your capabilities are, there is going to be hesitation I'd allowing you to even do a site for them ( even for free ).... The perception would be that you'd be using this to learn how to do web design.

Create a portfolio of "mock-up" sites, explaining to then that the sites aren't live, but just for demonstration purposes. You should build out several sites just to show off your skills.

What this would do for potential clients is give then a certain comfort level that you do in fact know what you are doing, and give them a glimpse of your design style.

Yes, there are many non profit organizations that could use your design skills as well, http://volunteermatch.com , it would be good to find someone in your local area to work with, but you may be able to find some "virtual" opportunities ...

If you get to do some of them, also remember to ask for a "recommendation" or comments that you could post online in your portfolio...

Remove Ads