Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    3 words "credit card dispute"...

If there's a legitimate transaction, and you don't get the services or whatever for the transaction, dispute the charge... if you're with 72 hours of the transaction. the banks "my bank", provides my funds immediately and the argument is between them and the provider.... if it's more than 72 hours, there's a 3-7 day hold on the funds, but again, the dispute is between the bank and the person ( or entity ), that made the transaction and is now not providing service.

short answer... Credit Card Dispute... let your bank do the arguing for you.

I agree with TheGame, unless the transactions came from embargoed countries, or there appeared to be some "funny business" happening between the transactions, No Company that wants to stay in business is going to just shut down accounts and hold onto money... there are like federal laws here in the US to keep that from happening, I'm sure the EU and other entities have similar "consumer protections" in place..

So, when you've asked, what was the reason they gave you "the account holder", as to why they shut down the account or locked it ?

I can't remember a time ( and I've been around a long time ), where when something of mine got locked ( registrar, ebay, email, hosting account ), I didn't get a notice "almost immediately", citing the reason, the TOS that was violated and what I needed to do to fixthe issue.

never radio silence... of course I hear claims of that all the time and come to find out the email account tied to the locked account was not the one they were actually getting email at.... once they checked that account, all the emails informing them of the issues were there.

and NO... I've never used ODesk in my life as either a buyer or vendor... so no vested interest, just "business common sense"...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    To the OP, hopefully this is a lesson learned, you're probably gonna eat the difference

Never, ever, ever... use "their contract"... this is where you keep control of your project and cost...

I'm not a lawyer nor do I offer legal advice so the following should not be construed or even suggested as legal advice.

Contracts should always be provided by the project holder, if you don't have a contract, hire a lawyer that will write your contract with YOUR best interest... as always, almost all parts of a contract are negotiable, but use a lawyer for your contracts, it's really worth the money ( which you're probably finding out ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads