Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 3 Post By djitsz

Thread: Rock Artist seeks web designer

Member #

Rock Artist seeks web designer

Hello,
    My name is Rick and I am a rock artist from Queens, New York City. I'm seeking a creative web designer for my website www.rickrockermusic.com. The page is blank and I'd like to make the site's design/look based off my image and style. Here are links to pictures on my Facebook for visual reference:
    Photo shoot 1:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9531696&type=3
    Photo shoot 2:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9531696&type=3

Album cover:
    https://www.facebook.com/RickRockerM...type=1&theater

I'd like to have the website done before or by March 7. I have my 1st official album release and official music video release in April along with my first tour. I'll be releasing a trailer video on the first day of March to promote both.

I'm seeking a talent that meets or exceeds the websites in this link below:
    http://www.electrickiwi.co.uk/portfolio/

*Please send any work/websites that you previously have made*

If you are interested, contact me at: rickrocker10@gmail.com

I AM WILLING TO PAY UP TO 250 DOLLARS FOR THIS SITE.
    Prices are negotiable

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'm not a designer...I'm a developer. So I'm not actually bidding on this job.

With that said, you've talked yourself into a bit of an unrealistic expectation. March 7 is a week away and the sites you're saying you want yours to be "as good as or better" took a fair bit of time to build and I'd be willing to bet money . There's a rule that we have when it comes to web design: fast, cheap, good...pick any two. In your case, you're already picking fast given your deadline, so your choices become fast / cheap (which means you won't get the site quality you want) or fast / good (which means you will get the site quality you want, but you'll pay anywhere starting at 4x your budget and going up...I'd say realistically about 6-8 times, depending on who you use).

Anyway, hope that gives you some guidance.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    As TheGame indicates, I indeed think that it is unlikely that you'll find a designer that is willing to create what you want for the budget you have set. For 250 dollars you might get a one-page, off-the-shelf template-based Wordpress site made by a college kid, but not a custom-made website themed to your image and style by a professional designer.

Good web design costs time and I would estimate that what you ask for will take anywhere between 3 and 6 days to create, which means you are saying that a professional designer's time is worth no more than $5 - $10 per hour. It's hard to get someone to stack shelves for that amount let alone craft a professionally designed website.

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    We handle a lot of musician sites and I can assure you $250.00 won't get you in our front door.

Check out CraigsList. Probably find you someone there to build you a site for $75.00 in 24 hours.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bleau canon View Post
    We handle a lot of musician sites and I can assure you $250.00 won't get you in our front door.

Check out CraigsList. Probably find you someone there to build you a site for $75.00 in 24 hours.
    While It's true that $250 is very unrealistic for a job like this, I see no reason to be sarcastic about it.

I have no idea what it would cost to hire a rock musician to create a recorded piece of music for me - why should we expect the original poster to know how much a website should cost?

I think TheGame gave a good answer - offering real information.

bleau canon, do you have any information that you'd like to share here? Maybe a list of things necessary for a musician's site?
    I'm afraid I haven't had the opportunity to create a site for a musician yet, so your answer would be helping more than one member here.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    I apologize if anyone thought I was being sarcastic in my post, I wasn't I promise.

We have quiet a few musician, net radio and DJ sites we've built and maintain. I'm on the fly tonight and when I get some time, maybe tomorrow or tomorrow night, I'll give you an idea of how some of it comes together for us.

The main thing for us when we're building one is we all have ear plugs in our ears when the site is being tested. We're building one now for a DJ that does uplifting trance. Ear plugs close by right now

Once again, I apologize if anyone thought I was being sarcastic.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Mar 04th, 2014 at 08:55 PM.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Hi,

I am a designer from the netherlands and i might be able to help you. The price will go up a bit with your expectation 499,- and the time it will be done will be about 2 - 3 weeks.

greetings

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    He wants it done by tomorrow, dude.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads