Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Tips for a high ranking in Google

I work as Marketing and Sales for a webdesign company as I often get the question "What is a good website?". But then I have to disappoint them directly as a general answer does not exist. A good website is for everyone else. That depends on your goals and available resources. You can compare it with the question "What is a good car?". For young families with small children, which safety is more important than speed and horsepower, it could be a family car such as Volvo. An elderly couple on the other hand would go for an Audi TT. What is a good car for me, is not necessarily a good car for you. And no I don't have any of the cars.
    But just like with cars, there are a few points that you should consider when creating your website that leans perfectly with the target audience that you have carefully chosen.

In the next days I will gave you some more tips.

1. Website needs to be easily find in Google

Google is by far the most used search engine in Belgium.
    Your website can be so beautiful, functional and user friendly, but if it is difficult to find, your website is useless. Want to know if it is easy to find in Google, do this test: Open incognito in your browser window and search on the major keywords. You have to look incognito, otherwise you'll get a distorted view because Google remembers your search behavior.
    Follow the next tips on how to get on the first page on Google:
    1. Google should be able to properly index the content of your website,
    2. The content should be unique, so best not copy / paste from another website, because this is going to even be counterproductive,
    3. The content must be of high quality. The main terms should definitely be mentioned on your website,
    4. The technology must be fast,
    5. Writing regular blog post is also a great way to get high in Google.
    Do you find it difficult to write a good text, let it definitely do it by a professional team. Just because it is so important that the content is SEO friendly written, it is not a good idea to save money on it by doing it by yourself.
    Another tip that sometimes is overlooked, is the text size and font. Font that was used 10 years ago , is no longer appropriate. General rule for font size: from 14 pixels. When choosing a font, you must make sure that it is easy to read. So do not use too much curls. I think the perfect font is Arial.

Tomorrow I will give an other tip for a high ranking in Google.
    Last edited by Ioana; Mar 14th, 2017 at 09:49 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2749 times
    This seems like a rather disconnected series of statements. What exactly is the point you're trying to make and how does it relate to the subject of the post?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Thanks for you feedback.

This week I will update the post every day by giving one some more tips on how to get high in Google. Let me know what you think of it.

Kind Regards,
    Ioana

Member #
    You could use this content on your own website, but I would suggest you go into greater detail. The people that would seek out information on SEO would likely already know the details that you stated. The readers would likely get more out of your article if you go into greater detail about how to accomplish the things that you stated.

Remove Ads