Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 10 Ways to Improve Any Website

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Some ideas to improve the feedback of your website

1. Improve functionality by using hyperlinks within the body of your pages.

2. Make your navigation visible and consistent.

3. Use no more than three separate font types.

4. Use a layout that is easily understood by your viewers and again be consistent.

5. Pictures are always a successful tool to capture someone's attention.

6. Remember the viewers of your website are most important. Sometimes you will have to sacrifice beauty for functionality.

7. The finest websites usually have a theme. Depending on the image you want to portray, try to add something unique that makes your site stand out. For ideas check out these templates (www.adamssite.com & www.templatemonster.com)

8. Remember everyone's idea of beauty can be different, for commercial websites try to target a majority.

9. Unsure about a layout? It may be helpful to search other sites to get some ideas.

10. Most importantly, make the site a pleasure to visit. It will increase traffic and positive feedback.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    11. Spell check EVERYTHING...
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    AnD dOnT tYpE lIkE dIs. It Is AnNoYiNg!

Make sure all your links work and are correct!! AND that they don't pop up in a new window or in the wrong frame or whatnot.
    Who invented milk........ and what the heck were they doing to that poor cow?!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the tips! I want to add one more:

12. Make sure that your web site is compatible with all the Internet browsers - so you can increase the number of your visitors.

Eve
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    13. Keep your visitors updated with content or site news. An integrated or off-site Twitter is currently the easiest way to do so.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    14. delete comic sans off your designers pc
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2790 times
    Don't disrespect The Sans. I've actually used it on a site that was successful once. From 1999-2001, which means it was almost 10 years ago when I had to stop using it. But it can work in the right circumstances (i.e. your audience is a little touched in the head).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by web_design_shef, post: 198293
    14. delete comic sans off your designers pc
    LOL. Reminds me of this cracked article: http://www.cracked.com/funny-5647-fonts/

Member #
    Liked
    2790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacie, post: 198399
    yeah I agree with the above comments.
    Use a good font that is readable and make sure you do spell check everything ! because other wise alot of people won't take what you have to say seriously.
    You misspelled "otherwise" and "a lot". Should we ignore you?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I don't know why but I ALWAYS spell a lot as alot, then have to correct it later. Just a bad habit i guess on my part. Something about those words make me spell it as one, so leave Kacie alone!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads