Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Promoting your website

Member #
    How to do Article submission and Forum posting?

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    By asking a stupid generic Question posted about 7000 Times in various Forums, making sure to capitalize Nouns for no Reason.
    Ronald Roe and MrTeapot like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Social media would be useful if really have a lot of followers or likes depends if you open up your profile in facebook to public
    Your cool Web Design and Web Development resources

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blogfreakz, post: 228111
    Social media would be useful if really have a lot of followers or likes depends if you open up your profile in facebook to public
    You shouldn't use your personal accounts for business use. Create a Facebook page / Google+ account / Twitter account for business use.
    Blogfreakz likes this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hmmm I forgot about that Facebook fan page thanks for clearing out things ... yup your right personal use and business use for social media is really different things
    Your cool Web Design and Web Development resources

Member #
    Now days Google + (plus) should be considered as a requirement for promoting your website. I'd suggest learning everything about Google plus, as it will be just as important as Twitter, Facebook, etc. moving forward.

I'd also suggest learning more about local search options.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    It can't be any less important than Facebook is these days.

http://adage.com/article/digital/stu...brands/232351/
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    TheGame 1264,

I agree regarding Facebook, but what do you think of Google+ ? More down the road than today, as I certainly don't think it is significant yet. However, with the Google brand, resources, and technology, I have to imagine they will have an impact down the road. The only question i my mind, is whether they overstep their bounds and alienate their customers, pushing people to other search engines.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'm adopting the 'wait and see" approach. Personally, I don't think any of the social networks will even come close to search as far as customers are concerned.

What people forget about Facebook, Twitter, etc. is that they're designed (Facebook in particular) to connect with other people and usually not to buy things. Search is different...you're actively seeking information on a product or service. I don't see how Google+ changes that yet, although if anyone can it's Google.

Member #
    What I have seen from Google + is that they may be screwing up traditional search if they are not careful. They are trying to change what "relevancy means" to search. The concept has some merit, but is some cases they are having sites show up that aren't relevant and in some cases are poor sites, just because their is some connection to the user.

We'll see where it goes, but they risk messing up a good thing.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Remove Ads