Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Promoting your website

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey guys if you'r wishing to promote the website of you'r choice there are a few simple ways to get exposure, Facebook is one these days you don't go without, its cheap and simple to set up, another is simply having your website and address on your emails as a tag at the top/bottom plus having you'r friends have it as a link in their profile on Facebook or myspace whilst having a twitter for your site.

Hope iv'e helped and enjoy the information, have a great day.

Cyketor
    god father and Adrian Sane like this.

Member #
    Agreed, having the social network sites, such as facebook, twitter, linkedin and etc are great to have and help promote your brand or site

Member #
    Social networking sites are really helpful....but I think forum posting gives maximum exposure...what do u say?

Member #
    Both ways are great ways to expose your site, or whatever it is that you are promoting. Some people fell better just promoting via facebook or twitter, however some people use those methods and even go around and post them on forums as well. Either way again is great, but you have to be careful not to spam or abuse these outlets because you could ultimately hurt yourself by coming across as a spammer or something of that nature.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    If you are trying to promote a one-off sale in a niche market, I can't see how Social Bookmarking will help. Am I wrong?

Member #
    @C0ldf1re can you clarify that a little bit better? If you are referring to bookmarks like StumbleUpon and etc, I don't feel like those would be as good, but forums, facebook and twitter I feel are all very good sources because they all have a live active audience that you can advertise to, and most cases you audience is already your follows (on twitter) or fans (on facebook).

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewreff View Post
    ... forums, facebook and twitter I feel are all very good sources because they all have a live active audience that you can advertise to...
    Suppose I am trying to sell marine gas turbines. I can understand how Google serps will bring me prospective customers via searches. But how could facebook or twitter help find customers?

Member #
    Well as far as search engine results and etc, depending on your privacy setting for both Facebook and Twitter, Google should be able to crawl those pages and if things are linked correctly, you can back link to your site, thus having more links pointing to your site, which is good because the more back links, the more importance google will put on that site, thus helping push it to a better results page.

Member #
    Link Sale

I have seen some sites that sell links. Is it good to buy links? Some of my friends who bought links have a bad experience in google. Could someone throw some light on the matter.

Member #
    I have run into issues advertising my site on Google, Facebook seem's to be the best place to receive honest customer interaction, I personally feel that Google is overwhelmed with freelancers trying to make it in this tough industry.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast