Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    @Dorky, you're right, but that doesn't really answer the OP though.

Can Google recognize duplicate video content?

I have some successful guitar video's on youtube with link in the description. I've read from multiple sources that a link on a video with many views has a good value. I don't see how this can be as youtube pages are nofollow.

However, I've also noticed that my videos have been included in multiple autoblogging sites, with the video description and link included! Most are also nofollow, but a few are dofollow!

I don't think it would be aterrible idea to maybe make a few videos on your topic and post them on multiple accounts on multiple services - changing the title and tags slightly to avoid being labeled as duplicate content by the SE.

Is the juice worth the squeeze? I don't know, and thats why I commented on this thread.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Can Google recognize duplicate video content?
    all that says is you haven't taken the time to read it either

next time i'll post a quote. are you willing to argue with documentation from the SE?

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Nope, sure haven't. A quick Google for my question has turned up nothing either about video content specifically. If you happen to have a source handy, i'd appreciate a link!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Googlebot can index almost any text a user can see as they interact with any Flash SWF file on your...
    Flash and other rich media files - Webmaster Tools Help

as i said. they have already answered all these questions.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Thanks for the link Dorky. It is more geared towards a flash based site than say, a movie on vimeo but... I did learn about this from there!

sifr | novemberborn.net

Seems pretty cool!
    sIFR (an open-source project) lets webmasters replace text elements with Flash equivalents. Using this technique, content and navigation is displayed by an embedded Flash object but, because the content is contained in the HTML source, it can be read by non-Flash users (including search engines).

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    sIFR is antiquated... look up Google Fonts for good rich fonts for the web.

PS - While we're on the topic of SEO Videos... I have to take the opportunity to link Hello world! | ROCK BOTTOM SEO again.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    lmfao. word to the R.B.S.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    RBSEO4U!

Moseley's right. sIFR is outdated, and was always a bugger. Haven't tried Google Fonts yet, but I have been making some wicked cool use out of Cufon. I've got a Spanish website I'm dying to relaunch once the client approves it that makes use of the Andy Bold font and Cufon. You can even stroke the text if you get creative with text shadowing.

Cufon is the wiggity wack bomb shizzles, y0.

As far as the video question is concerned, it would be fairly easy for big G to detect duplicate video content. Remember, video is nothing more than a whole lot of bits and bytes, and some analysis of the bits and bytes would rather quickly reveal identical videos. I'm not sure that they do this...I'm speculating. But if they can somehow figure out what song is in a Youtube video, they can do this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Agreed I've been using Cufon for the past few months, love it! I've dabbled with Google Font, but as for now, the selection isn't vast enough to be useful to me.

It's just that sIFR is something i've never heard of before, and it came Google recommended

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Cufon > sIFR. Cufon doesn't require Flash. That by itself makes it worthwhile.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads