Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi,

I'm trying to search engine optimize multiple websites of the same topic. For one website, one of the techniques I used was generating videos as content to post on various video websites under relevant tags. The accounts I posted the videos under contain a link to the website they are intended to optimize for. Also, in the comments section; others users commented and posted links to the site the video is intended to optimize for.

I was wondering, can I reuse these videos as content for other domains under different tags (and with the different links to the other websites) to optimize the other websites as well? (Or can Google detect that the video is duplicate content?)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,
    Just signed up but as I am employeed as a Website Developer thought this was right in my alley.

You can reuse videos for multiple site's but as it is hard for browsers to interpret what the videos are it is always a good thing to give the video a name and also place text under it so that the browser knows exactly what it is. Also link your video's to youtube so you have twice the traffic from your site and youtube.

What you have suggested above with social netowrking such as Facebook, myspace, twitter do help alot, but also take in to account that blogs, joining forum and even youtube videos can help boost traffic to your site.

To enhance your website traffic keep it clean keep it simple, so that the users and browsers can understand it easily.

Anyways thats my 2cent input, hope this helps

Roman
    You Go Designs

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Sorry, I know that this is an old topic, but it brings up a good idea.

Can I reuse a video if I upload it under a different account, give it slightly different title, and change surrounding body text? Seems like a good idea to me!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Can I reuse an ex girlfriend if I give her a new hairstyle, put her in a different dress, and call her a different name?

Yeah, but she's still the same old girlfriend.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I never said she wouldn't be. I guess what i'm saying is that if I dress her in a different colour dress, give her a similar name, and then bring her over to my blind parents' house for dinner, would they still know that she's the same girl who I had sex with in the kitchen last time?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You're assuming the blind parents are what matters. When it comes to girlfriends, parents don't matter, and when it comes to videos, SEs don't matter.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I just want to know why you're having sex in your blind parents' kitchen. The blind can still hear and smell, and if you're doing things right, there's going to be signs of both.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Haha oh with the analogies.

So basically the agreement here is that reusing a video for SEO is useless?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Using a video for SEO is useless in general. The SEO you should get from a video would be a side-effect of its virality, which if successful, wno't need to be redone, and if unsuccessful would issue the same result every time you attempt to duplicate it (none).

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    this all goes back to the unwillingness of people to read boring data. if you want to know about seo. GO READ THE GUIDELINES SET BY THE SE. there is no mystery, this is not witchcraft nor black magic. it's all spelled out for you by each individual se. even if you want things to trick the seo into giving you a ranking that results in 0 sales like hidden text, there are articles for that as well in the don'ts section of the same topic, again provided by the se.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads