Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 4 Post By Vapr_Arts
  • 2 Post By Vapr_Arts

Thread: Web designing

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Web designing

What should I know about creating a website with multiple databases and will bootstrap,mysql,php,Js do the job?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you have to ask what tools will do the job for the site you want, you're not ready to build it.
    Mutethia likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by muskan View Post
    Dream viewer is best web design software which will help easily to make a web design and this software have unique feature that it will automatically write the code when we design web.
    And please dont listen to this guy.. Dreamweaver is not the best software to use and its ability to "automatically write the code" is horribly bad..

You can use any text editor out there to code.. They all do relatively the same thing. You will need to learn the languages tho. You only have 2 other options. A CMS like Joomla or Wordpress. Only other option will be to hire someone to do it for you

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quite the contrary,THEGAME1264,I have used Adobe Dreamweaver to do that,it does not work out properly but it helps in finding the tags more easily,notepad is what I am using currently.As of the question most probably I framed it wrongly.It is kind of a social media platform with some enormous cross platforming using fb,twitter etc.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Vapr Arts.I know CSS,BOOTSTRAP and HTML,someone is helping me out with the JS,jQ and mySQL.Dreamweaver is not the best I agree but it helps you find tags,easily.The idea behind it is to build a website for my community where they can have forums,people can blog about anything in their language and practically listen to online radio stations...all this on their phones.Plus I am 16 years old...I am just into this stuff recently.So I need someone to show me through the hard stuff.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutethia View Post
    Hi Vapr Arts.I know CSS,BOOTSTRAP and HTML,someone is helping me out with the JS,jQ and mySQL.Dreamweaver is not the best I agree but it helps you find tags,easily.The idea behind it is to build a website for my community where they can have forums,people can blog about anything in their language and practically listen to online radio stations...all this on their phones.Plus I am 16 years old...I am just into this stuff recently.So I need someone to show me through the hard stuff.
    Well if you are really interested in this stuff then id focus on learning to code by hand. If you are struggling with remembering tags its because Dreamweaver is making it that way. You are not having to think about what it is you want to do so nothing is being learned. You dont remember the tag but you remember the buttons on dreamweaver you need to push to get results. Trust me! The whole reason i am into web is because i took a DW class in college. It was horrible to say the least, not the teachers fault just wasnt smart to learn code using DW. I didnt learn a damn bit of code until i deleted the program and started hand coding. Not saying its impossible to learn using DW but in my opinion it will set you back and will take u longer to learn what you could easily learn without it.

Regretfully sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk during lunch and other breaks
    Mutethia and tough_skin like this.

Member #

Web designing

You state that you are sixteen. In my honest opinion you need to be learning coding conventions and following as many tutorials as you can get your hands on. When you work through tutorials DO NOT simply Copy and paste code. Type the code yourself and you will learn how to create code and understand it. If you are interested in PHP and MySQL you should search the internet for a site called "phptherightway" I don't know the URL by heart but you should read the documentation that they have as many tutorials teach you wrong or bad practices. Also, begin using Git for your projects and learn how to use the version control system efficiently. Head over to GitHub as well and look through PHP projects to see how they are constructed and begin helping my developers - this will help you and everyone else in their growth process as a web developer. Best of luck!

Edit: grammar and spelling

-toughskin

Remove Ads