Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Need advice on how to increase registration conversion on my web site

I have built a free social media and club management site and am getting traffic but not getting the conversion to registered user I would like to see. Can I ask for some recommendations on how to turn my traffic into registered users?

The site is:

www.myhobbyhive.com
    Screen Shot 2014-11-14 at 17.48.40.jpg

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I'm no expert, but you might want to let people know what you are doing before trying to get them to give you personal information. The form on the front page, above the fold like that is pretty obnoxious. The Google+ button did not work at all for me. As a user, I was confused what was going on and would not feel comfortable giving me email out right off the bat.

My suggestion, reformat to show the user what you are about, then ask for a signup.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    I agree! Why would I sign up when I know nothing about your site. As an example, take this forum; you can browse the forum freely and if you find it worthwhile to register you can sign up knowing what you are getting involved in.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I think that, you need to 'create value' for signup members, think from a visitor stand point, why signup ? what do I get after signup ? think along that line and you should be able come up with something.

For example, why people subscribe feed at some blogs but not other ?

Good luck to you.

Remove Ads