Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hey,
    I'm looking for a web host for my web design site and as a platform for a small number of sites to be developed on. Cost is a major issue at this point just behind reliability.

I'm a little confused with regard to windows/unix platforms and whether I need to ensure they support php and asp. I see it as probable that I'll need both languages in some form in the sites I create.

Any advice is appreciated!
    Denis

Member #
    If you need a host for an ASP based site you will need Windows based hosting, which is typically more expensive, and I can't recommend one since I have never hosted a site with a Windows based host. If you are using PHP, then I recommend WireNine.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Hello Denis,

If you are looking for ASP and PHP both hosting to host your client website. I think best solution will be to buy a Shared Reseller Hosting which can offer you Windows as well as Linux Hosting within one reseller account. So that you can easy make custom plans and host your client website on both platforms.

Regards
    Gurmeet Kaur

Member #
    Site5 offers good packages.

http://www.site5.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    If you're going multi-platform, you may want to consider looking at www.gogrid.com - they have cloud servers available with both Windows and Linux configurations.

Member #
    Hello,
    I provide reliable website hosting at affordable prices. I offer all new clients 1 months free hosting to get setup and try me out! No money upfront. I will setup your account for you and away you go.
    If you would like to know more, feel free to visit www.mellahosting.com If I can be of any assistance to your questions let me know

Member #
    I personally do not like to host client on my accounts. If they needs ASP and .Net I normally send them to Server Intellect or Linuxh for unix. From personal experience you do not want clients calling you to resolve hosting issues for a site you are just designing. Plus if the clients wants to leave or becomes a pain you don't have to do anything else. That is just me thou.

Member #
    Check PHP Web Hosting at Visionwebhosting.net - we provide reliable hosting for affordable prices.

bta
    Member #
    hey cveks do your company offer dedicated servers also?

Member #
    If you need to serve both PhP & Asp pages, you'll need to either host your sites on different servers (windows & *nix) or look into 'Cloud Hosting'. I recommend Sago Networks in Tampa, FL. for a reliable Host.
    My software never has bugs... It just has random features.
    Professional Website Design | Web Site Hosting
    The Green Speak Network | Live Green Forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads