Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Just wanted to introduce myself by giving a quick review of two hosting providers, 1&1 (which many people know about and is larger), and IXwebhosting (which is a smaller company). I host my personal site, theodoreweld.com as well as a couple other client sites off of IX's LAMP package. I'm very happy with them, as they show personal attention. When I needed an upgrade to PHP 6 to demo Silverstripe for a client, they upgraded right after I backed everything up. I'm very happy with them and will stay with them as long as they keep up the solid customer service and good hosting.

1&1 seems to have a quicker data center, and has a better and cleaner designed CP, if anyone out there cares about that.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    My hosting company, www.hostgator.com, did the same thing for me back when I used shared hosting. They're also a large company with 1000s of machines and 24x7 support.

But I never even considered starting a thread on some random forum talking about how much I love them.

For that reason, I believe this to be spam, even though you didn't include a link. Tread carefully.

Member #
    This isn't spam, although I guess it may be lacking substance. I just wanted to quickly contribute to a forum that I've lurked on in the past when I needed to learn something. It's walking a fine line, as any positive review is a promotion. Which is why I didn't link the sites, nor mine.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Cool cool. I can understand that you're just happy with your service provider. And I'm sure you understand that forums like ours get inundated with spam, and it's sometimes difficult to separate real users from spammers. Welcome to the forum!

Member #
    I understand exactly where your coming from. The last thing I want to do is **** off the site owner of a good forum such as this. Thanks for the welcome.

Remove Ads