Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Banned
    Member #
    Hi everyone, I have plans of introducing a website so that I can start my online business. The site will be dealing in computer accessories and all the hardware stuff that is related to the computer field with an online purchase facility. But, before that I would like to know the pre-requisites that are needed to run a website of your own that has an online payment option, as I was informed about the SSL certificate issues by my developer and would like to know more on this from you people.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    SSL is an open-key encryption process used to protect data transmitted over the Internet. There are many providers of SSL certs, with varying degrees of encryption, from 128-bit encryption all the way up to 1024-bit. If you're doing e-commerce, you should always encrypt data as a security measure to protect your customers' private data. I suggest you do a search to find a reliable, trusted SSL cert provider who doesn't spam web forums to try to get customers.

Member #
    SSL Certificate are so you can receive credit card payment via your website. You will need a Dedicated IP to be able to run your ssl most hosts will provide them for you.

Member #
    If you take credit cards via you site, you will want to check what security requirements your merchant provider requires. There are "PCI" rules that may require a security audit in addition to an SSL certificate.

Remove Ads