Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Good discussion here...

Theoretically speaking, let's say there is a group... fighting political oppression under a tyrannous regime for example, and wanted to own and operate a website as anonymously as possible to avoid persecution and even death from said government, while giving a voice to the oppressed. How would this group achieve this?

There are a few up front ideas that come to mind for anyone who has a good understanding of websites and the internet... blocking the 'whois' option for example, masking the IP and DNS of the website... hosting in a country where your identity wont easily be divulged such as China or an African country.

To make sure we're all on the same page here, the idea here is based on privacy... not getting away with an illegal activity. Understandably if you're committing some sort of offense and law enforcement is coming for you, then they will find you even if not through your website, they have many measures.

So how would you do it? Any companies out there that offer anonymous hosting? What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Maxxx Models

Member #
    Hi,
    Dude i don't understand What are you really want to say.
    So please clear with your thoughts.So, We understand you easily
    And may provide some better help to you.
    You can also find me at my signature.
    I will gonna happy to help you.
    Thanks

Member #
    "anonymous hosting" is a not a very different idea, as you have mentioned. For a user or Owner of the website Anonymity can be 2 fold :-
    1) Hiding his hosting providers identity like, nameservers etc.
    2) Hiding personal contact information from whois of the domain.

Once you go for a Private domain registration method you can easily protect your private contact information from those who are trying to find your contact information form Whois information.

In Web-hosting, if you want to use or offer Privatise WebHosting, then i have experience in Hshpere Reseller Hosting, Hsphere is a Hosting control panel we are offering with our Reseller Hosting account. With this control panel you can privatise your Administrative account, please check the following guide to know more about how you can privatise your Admin cp Look and feel (http://hsphere.parallels.com/docs/3....html/index.htm ) You may customise :-

Regional Settings
    Images and Icons
    Interface Language
    Skins and Colors
    Interface Texts
    You may also create :-
    Your private Nameservers for your clients
    Server aliases
    Create your own hosting pacakages to resell the services on your prices.

Remove Ads