Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Stay away from ixwebhosting.com! Here is my reason why.

I had a client that needed their newly designed website up and running because they had just sent a massive mail campaign to people all over their geographical area costing them thousands of dollars in postage alone. Our client was already hosted by the ixwebhosting company so we transferred their site to the ixwebhosting windows servers. As the website was written in php of course we had a few issues that needed to be resolved to work with their php rendering. OK not a huge deal, issues were resolved in a few hours and the site was up and working great. The next day the website was offline.. Of course I felt obligated to look into the issue since the client would be looking to me as to why the site was down. I spoke with the support at ixwebhosting and they told me it would be up in about an hour. Three hours later the site was finally back up. Everything seemed fine. The next morning the website was down again so again I called the support line and the person told me there was a 'catastrophic hardware failure on the server' and they were in the process of installing a new server and migrating the backup data and it should be back up in a few hours. Eight hours later and the site was still down so I called again. The support person assured me the site would be up soon and that they were on the last phase of the data migration. The site still wasn't up before I went to bed so I was hopeful the site would surly be back up in the morning. Nope. The next morning the site was still down so I called support again. They told me the exact same thing they had told me the day before like they were reading it from a script. Just another few hours. At this point I decided to transfer the site to my host and finally the site was up after a few hours of DNS propagation. After the site was up on my host I called ixwebhosting support once again and they told me the server would be back up in a few hours more. I laughed at him and proceeded to ream this ignorant 'technician' about the unacceptable amount of time it took for their team to install a new server. I could install an entire rack in two days!
    My software never has bugs... It just has random features.
    Professional Website Design | Web Site Hosting
    The Green Speak Network | Live Green Forum

Remove Ads