Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a pretty basic question for probably most of you on this forum, but I appreciate your expert advise.

Question: If I register the domain name of my business, with let's say GoDaddy, but want to host the site with someone else - Is that a good idea? Does it matter who I register with vers host with?

Thanks so much for your time

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJo
    I have a pretty basic question for probably most of you on this forum, but I appreciate your expert advise.

Question: If I register the domain name of my business, with let's say GoDaddy, but want to host the site with someone else - Is that a good idea? Does it matter who I register with vers host with?

Thanks so much for your time
    There's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Many companies do this. They register with a company but host it themselves for instance. Just make sure you are actually registering it under your name and not the name of the registrar (private registration is ok). Always go with a reputable registrar.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    It doesn't matter who you register or host with. You can point the domain where you need it hosted at. very simple.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, you can simply get the domain with any registrar and host a domain with any hosting provider by just updating the name servers at your registrar end.
    Hosting On Web - A web hosting company.

Remove Ads