Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    First time posting and I wasn't sure exactly where to put this (moderators feel free to move if necessary).

Here's the situation. I have a website that needs to be updated. All the updated files are completed and ready to go (stored on my computer). I use Filezilla (a FTP program) to connect to the server and delete all the old files that are on the server. After that's completed, Filezilla shows that there are none of the original files on the server. So then I use Filezilla to upload all my new/updated files to the server. After that I go to the website to make sure everything has uploaded properly.

The problem: 2 of the pages are still the original/old pages. So then I use Filezilla to delete all the new files from the server. According to my view on Filezilla, there are no files on the server (except a folder called "Log", contains 1 small text file). I then go to the website and, logically, nothing shows up (just some internet can't find the page error). I then type in the exact addresses (example: http://www.regoldenproduce.com/customer.htm) of the 2 pages just to check if they are still on the server...and they are.

So I can think of three possibilities:
    1) Filezilla's fault: Filezilla indicates that it has deleted the files but actually hasn't
    2) Yahoo's fault: Filezilla goes through the process of deleting the files but some quirk of the Yahoo! Small Business server prevents them from being removed
    3) my fault: certainly possible, but I can't think of anything

The website, with all the old/original files:
    http://www.regoldenproduce.com

Any ideas or experience with a similar situation?
    Thanks

Sidenote: I also don't understand why there aren't any overwrite issues when I upload the new files. The new files have the same names as the old files. Do the 2 new files that correspond just not get uploaded? Filezilla indicates that they are but when I visit the site those 2 pages still revert back to the old ones.

Sidenote 2: I did make sure that the new files I'm uploading are really the new ones. There are no old files mixed in with the new ones (not that this would matter).

Remove Ads