Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys! Sorry this is a bit of a long post.

I have for the past two or three months been learning web-design and building a site that was hosted at nxserve. I was really happy with the service as it had cPanel and was very fast, emails were answered quickly and there was good forum support...

Until about 3pm yesterday...

That morning I had been browsing the forum and updating my site and nothing was mentioned. I went out shopping, came back and the site had closed down. There was no warning or email to prepare all of nxserves users for this. I immediately managed to directly access their cpanel port to get my data back, but I am sure many won't manage to do so later on.

I have signed up with 000webhost and have uploaded my content there, but am worried about the same thing happening again at some point. I should mention that since an event last year I have been out of work and genuinely cannot afford paid hosting, I only just scrape together the money for my broadband and electric...

If anyone has any good advice about free hosting, or ways to avoid this kind of thing I would greatly appreciate it as nxserve seemed quite good and completely duped me!

I dont need masses of space (site is roughly 60mb) or bandwidth (was using about 150mb a month), just stable hosting that I can access and alter public_html with and use my existing (.com) top level domain name with.

Sorry for the mix of questions I am just a bit flustered as I am pretty new to web design and hosting. Thank you for any advice or recommendations!

Remove Ads