Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Well, it's the host I use, and I find their servers and support as the best I've ever had the chance to experience. Check it out and tell me what you think:

TotalChoice Hosting

[EDIT: Thanks for moving the thread!]

-y2k-

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    What I think is that they look like your typical cheese host with the pretty site and the same BS 99.9% promises that they all make, when it's probably really running out of someone's garage.

If they've worked out for you, though, that's all that matters. I just hope you didn't prepay for a year. Chances are they won't be around that long.

Member #
    Most hosts are typical cheese. I've just started hosting, and while starting I realised that.

I know for fact that my service is good, the server is top spec. and its very reliable. I'm only 16, and I ventured into this for fun really.

I hope i'll make a bit of money, at least enough to pay for the reseller. But I do agree, that most hosts seem like the typical cheese - this is so, because the 'cheese' sells the service in one sense I think...

Member #
    The problem with going to resellers though is that there isn't much guarantee. If you don't make enough money to pay back your reseller's account, will you renew next year? While your reseller's package may be small enough for you to swallow, other reseller's can't afford to do that. After underpricing their plans and not making a profit, they have no choice but to fold. And when they fold, you fold too. =-O

Member #
    Well, in response to your comments about "cheesy" hosting, TCH is far from that. If you took some time to take just a peek at their Support Forums, you would find that they are online everyday and response prompty to each and every thread that needs their support. Nearly all of the TCH Owners, Admins, and Mods are available via an IM program and can be PMed with quick response. Trust me, this isn't even close to a "cheesy" host, and if you'd just look at their Forums, you'd see why.

Oh yea, and they just had a contest for an X-Box(and from what I know, the person who won got it very prompty) to boot!

It's just my opinion, and I thank you for yours, I just need to put in some extra things before you take a 2 minute glance at a few of their pages then proceed to call them "cheesy". Everyone's opinions are great, but unless you've had a bad experience with them, you should be calling them "cheesy".

-y2k-

-y2k-

Member #
    I don't see the problem with them. They have a nice looking website and a decent marketing spiel. Look all right to me...

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Originally posted by Bladestorm.net
    about "cheesy" hosting, TCH is far from that.
    LOL.... you do realize taht TCH is an acronym of "The Cheesy Host" :-P

Geez, man... you in charge of the THC ;-) fan club or what? They're just a host, dude. So they're doing their job and supporting you... great. I still don't see a phone number or address on the site, much less a toll free number. In my book, that makes any business "cheesy" and not a company I'd do business with,

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Also, they registered that domain on: 08-Jan-03
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    The host looks great to me, if I had money I'd go to it =P

Remove Ads