Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Web Hosting

Member #
    Hi. I'm a student undertaking course of digital media and am new to web design. Currently I'm working on developing website for my friend which is part of my assessment and I have no idea which company's web hosting is the best. That website is for Asian Groceries store and she is asking me if I can make online store with shopping cart.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Hi yuki,

Could you answer a few questions - then we should be able to point you in the right direction to a decent host:

1) Whereabouts (globally or coast) do you need the hosting?
    2) How much diskspace / bandwidth do you need?
    3) How many domains do you want/need to host?
    4) Do you require the hosting company to setup the e-commerce, or would you be ok with something like Fantastico inside the control panel to help install it?
    5) Whats your monthly (or yearly) budget?
    6) Is there a preference between Linux or Windows?

If you could answer these, I'll reply back with a recommendation. I should point out - I'm an ex-webhost owner, and have been in the industry for several years, so can point out the good and bad hosts and hopefully find you a host that you'll trust

Rick

Member #
    Hi yuki0213,

You might be able to find a free webhost around the net for what your looking for. they might not provide the best service, speed or hosting but its free.

A cheap UK host i recommend is ioxhost.co.uk never let me down.

Flintch

Member #
    Hi yuki0213,

Go for a linux hosting account unless you're using ASP or .NET on the site. Also, I'd recommend a single domain, cPanel paid hosting account if all you need to do is host one domain. Paid hosting isn't very expensive at all and you won't have to worry about annoying banner ads flowing all over your website, giving it a very untidy and unprofessional appearance. Impressions are everything when you're doing an assignment, right? It'll also give you a lot more control. You can find good plans that suit your budget on google as there are several reliable web hosting providers out there offering affordable web hosting. Just check out the user reviews and stuff and you should be all right. Also, most web hosts these days offer a money back guarantee which might provide some financial safety in case you're not happy with the service and want to leave within a few days.

Remove Ads