Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello Everyone,
    Thanks in advanced for your help. I've been a free lance web designer for a few years now but when it comes to hosting the websites I've never had my own server so I just help people set up accounts with Godaddy.com or some other webhosting service. However hosting would be a reliable steady source of income so now i would like to set one up and start hosting my own sites. I've looked into it a little but i'm not sure where to start. I need a professional server that is capable of hosting sites, registering domains and hosting email services. I know the cheapest way would be to set up a LAMP server on a linux machine but I need it to be more secure than that and want it to be a bit more professional I.E. actual server boxes and such. Any suggestions on where to begin would be greatly appreciate.
    Thanks Again.
    Alec Joy

Member #
    server

why don't you try VPS it will cost you approx 40$ per month , you can give hosting to other peoples too. And for domain registration try godady domain reseller it will cost around 200$ approx one time

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i use register.com for just that reason. they do hosting and they are a registrar all in one. check out their premium for about $45 a month. they provide emails as well but i use google apps for things like that.

for about ten dollars a month more then a web host you can get a commercial account from your isp that allows you to host. google apps comes in handy for server mobility

i don't make any money from either of these companies

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Depending on how many sites you plan to host, you might just be better off with a hosting reseller account - that way you avoid the server costs and high licensing costs of cPanel etc.

I know of a few good providers, but I'm new here and I'm not too sure on the advertising policy, so PM me for details.

Member #
    Don't do it yourself

You shouldn't think about doing it yourself. Its a lot of work. Use companies that have referral programs or do virtural accounts. Remember when you start doing your own hosting you are responsible for billing, support and all issues. If the company has problems at 1am then you may be contacted. If you referral then the users will be able to get the support directly from the company and contact them, you can also help them.
    Doing a virtual account is good too, because your being supported by the hosting company. OLM, Bluehost, register can all do this.
    As a systems Admin you shouldn't be supporting the site yourself. i don't even do that. If you get a dedicated server then your responsible for everything.

Member #
    How is the idea of becoming a reseller?

Banned
    Member #
    The best way to start is with a reseller account as others have suggested. This will seem like any other hosting company to your endusers/customers. They are priced very well too.

Member #
    A hosting reseller account is the way to go. I know of a few good ones, resell.biz is the one I'm currently using and they're pretty reasonably priced.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Just a heads up, Resell.biz are simply a ReselerClub reseller: Supersite | Start your Domain Name Business

Its the same system/service that we offer at WSDReg.com except we've been around a lot longer

Member #
    I'd say use a dedicated server in the US there quiet cheap.

On the other hand i hope you've put thought into the amount of time that you will be supporting the sites that you are hosting rather then having a qualified web host look after it all?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads