Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Ohh ok, thanks for the heads up

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    yeah I have dealt with netfirms in the past as well and they are just horrible Powweb is one of the better hosts I have found

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Sault Web Design: did you ever call them? If you did, please describe how the wonderful training binder readers on the front line made you feel in your own glowing terms.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, "binder readers", or "training binder readers", are the idiots that exist in every company with a support department who are convinced that all of the problems a customer will ever have can be solved by the 3" red binder labelled "Training Manual" on their desks. Whenever a customer calls, these idiots must only resort to quoting these answers whenever appropriate to do so. If a customer calls about an issue not covered by the training binder, the idiot must select the answer that most closely relates to the issue without actually relating to the issue. This term isn't officially part of any dictionary as of yet because it's a term I invented.

Netfirms has some of the best binder readers of all time. "Oh, you're upset because your domain is automatically renewing and you don't want it to? Okay, so to automatically renew your domain, you MUST make sure we have a valid and current credit card on file. You don't want to renew, sir? Okay, so to renew, you click on the link that says 'Renew Domain' and...hello? Hellooooooooo?"
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I don't remember what the exact issues I had with netfirms were now it was a long time ago all I remember is I was already mad about hidden and raised costs and than I called for support on something script related and I got so angry with the support I canceled my hosting with them that day.

I cant stand that when the rare occasion comes up you need support and get some person that knows absolutley nothing. They have no knowledge of thier own beyond whats in front of them. I dont know how these people get hired. Years ago I did tech support for Gateway computers ( it sucked but it was a job lol ) anyway there was a person in my training course who had never used a computer before and they got hired its rediculous. ISP's are also horrible for that when you call to check if there is an outage and they start getting you to check power cables and other non-sense and cant just answer your question.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Oh yeah. Bell in particular is horrible for that.

Rogers isn't bad that way. I figured out that if I tell them I already power cycled the modem and the onlne light is still off and that the cable TV is out too, they'll start by doing an outage check. I can usually get them to determine an outage within about 5 minutes.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I hear what GAME said,

I used to use Cox Communications for my cable and internet, and it was a nightmare anytime you had to call. Oddly enough, we have started using AT&T, and the couple of time I have had to call, I had very good experiences. I hope I didn't jinxed myself! LOL
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Better find a 2x4 to knock on.

Member #
    Hey i have searched a lot online for this and atlast found this one . This is the place where you can get a free primary domain by just completing surveys and gaining points.
    I thought this could be useful in sharing.

This is the url for that [EDIT: affiliate link removed by TheGAME1264].

Thanks ..

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Arun Kumar: I removed your affiliate link. Please don't post it again. Thanks.
    SteveAR likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My personal preference is Name.com. I've used them since day one and never had a single problem with them. I know a couple of the support staff quite well; they're all great guys. Any other registrar I've tried, I just transferred back to Name.com as soon as I could.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads