Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I have a several domains right now and I want to transfer, but I have had very little experience with registrars. The Canadian one (netfirms.ca)I'm with currently is only the second I have tried, and I'v been, if not really happy, at least satisfied enough to stay with them for years, but recently they have been acquired by a huge U.S. company and I have been very unhappy recently with the level of service.

I do prefer to keep the hosting and registration separate, and while I am very happy with my host I have no plans to transfer the registration process to them.

Any suggestions?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The only one that I've ever really been satisfied with is GoDaddy. While I'm not a big fan of their neverending upsells, it's a whole lot easier to deal with that and get actual support when I need it than it is to deal with the alternative registrars.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I've had a couple of bad experiences with GoDaddy on behalf of a couple of my clients. Those were hosting issues, however.

Any thoughts on Tucows?

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Are you reselling the domains too? go with enom

Otherwise stick with Godaddy, for domains that is
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I register the domains in the client's name, and I get them hosting the same way.
    They are the owners of record.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Tucows resellers are generally the stuff that comes out of the north end of a southbound horse. I've had some absolutely horrible experiences with them hijacking domains, not giving them back to customers, etc. And Tucows is of no help, either..."talk to the reseller". This doesn't help when the reseller is the one screwing things up.

I've had "inh" hosting experiences with GoDaddy and am pretty ambivalent to them as a host. Their domain registration and SSL divisions are run very differently, though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    when someone buys a domain from your enom interface they ARE the owner of record, you just get a residual income every year, when they renew.

But if you are already marking up the domains in your invoice to them, then you already making money on it, so it dont matter.
    Peace, Mike
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I think I'll give GoDaddy a try. I've got a couple of my own domains coming up for renewal in about 45 days - I'm gonna move 'em over and see how smoothly it goes.
    I think the limit on transfers is 30 days before renewal, no?

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I think you can move them anytime, the new time you buy just gets added to the time you had left!
    Peace, Mike

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Cool, thanks. I'm gonna go open a bottle of wine and ponder on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads