Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Can I create for free my own web hosting company so I can sell web hosting and domains??
    Owner of Visual Studio

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    So you want free hardware, software, power, A/C, and internet access? Sure, no problem...

NO.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What Wired said.

If you want a reseller account, you're going to have to pay for the services you want to resell (e.g. hosting services, domain names). You're not just going to get one for free.
    If you want to start a hosting company yourself, you'll need quality equipment and services, and they cost money.

So one way or the other, be prepared to fork out upfront and on an ongoing basis. That's just the way it is.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    All of the Domain Registrars have to have a $1,000,000 surety bond in place with ICANN just to be a registrar.... Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment and infrastructure cost...

Last time I priced an OC3 line, it was around a $1000.00 a month for the and most hosting compaines have 10-100 of these lines in place with redundant paths...

Free No... Cheap No ( this is one area you will get what you pay for )... But there are good reseller plans out there that can pay for your stuff and make you some bucks in the process...Unless you live it 24/7... come up with a really good marketing plan... and work the crap out of it... you won't get rich at it... but you could make some decent money at it

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's it, dude? In Toronto you could barely get a T3 for that...and at that price, you have to try and convince the company selling the T3s to lower itself enough to talk to you.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    NO

NO

NO

NO

Oh, and did I say NO?
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't think you did, Mike. You probably shouldn't show as much restraint. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I am trying to say:

N N OOO
    NN N O O
    N NN OOO
    Peace, Mike
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    The spacing didnt work out so good! LOL
    Peace, Mike

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Lets get off the high horse here and stop jumping on the poor guy please.

Yes, you can start your own web host for free, but its not recommended. www.resellerspanel.com - they even give you a website to promote from.

Alternatively, drop me a PM and we can set you up with a basic domain reseller account with resellerclub.com (it includes domains, hosting, email, web design, etc as part of the services you can offer).

That wasn't too hard now was it.

For what its worth, when we started our hosting/domain registrar business in 2006, we started with nothing but an old DirectI/ResellerClub account from when they were free. We built it up and are now one of resellerclubs longest running, largest customers and have our own servers.

Can it be done? Yes. Is it an easy thing to do? NO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads