Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi,

Would like to know what you expect from your hosting company.
    Would also like to ask you to check http://www.host4go.com, check the hosting plans available and post here for requests, improvements to those hosting plans, if any.

Any suggestion is appreciated.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    To be honest, I think this feels like the same fly-by-night hosting scam I've seen for about the last 12 years.

Set up company.
    Promise unlimited everything under the sun, even though it's a promise that cannot be kept at any price, never mind the lowball price provided.
    Get customers who use the resource for high-bandwidth and/or high CPU applications. Flash gaming sites, possibly a Youtube clone, a streaming podcast, things like that.
    At this point, one or both of two things happen:

1) The host shuts down the customer for the vague and nebulous "excessive resource usage" or "abuse" reason.

2) The host shuts down...period.

Optional step: hosting company owner restarts the same thing no more than six months later under a different name...and in many cases with the same site template as the hosting company owner used for the first company.

If I'm wrong, then you'll need to do a much better job with your marketing.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 211541
    Hi,

Would also like to ask you to check <LINK REMOVED>, check the hosting plans available and post here for requests, improvements to those hosting plans, if any.

Porty - you have been posting links to this site under various pretenses and on various forums since you joined.

Here is an earlier post of yours:
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 210095
    Try [COLOR=rgb(20,20,20)][Edit: Link removed. Porty - you've been warned before about link drops[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(20,20,20)]. You can't promote your own service. Take it to the Marketplace. AlphaMare. ][/COLOR]
    Cheap and with lopts of goodies, including scripts and web templates.
    If you want suggestions, post on Ratings and Reviews where URLs are encouraged, and not looked on as blatant self-promotion.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    I'll put it bluntly: Are you here to advertise?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    TheGAME1264,

Most users wont ever need more than the starter plan. Unlimited is possible due to diferent demands/usage from the whole group of users of one hosting service, their avg use of resource will be what makes unlimited possible.

AlphaMare,

I am aware of a warnign i got, since then i stopped adding at the bottom of my posts the lines of text that originated such warning. Since then i only posted my link on host related subjects, like the one you refering above wich was named "Looking for a hosting site", wich i believe it was the one time i posted my link after the warning, did it cause it felt appropriate although i can understand your point as considering tha post as blatant self-promotion and as such will refrain of posting in those kind of topics.

This topic is a honest attempt to know what this forum comunity expect from their hosting provider. I posted under this subforum being about the hosting service itself and not the website, but if you still feel it belongs onto "Website Ratings and Reviews" [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]then ill post there.[/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired, post: 211589
    I'll put it bluntly: Are you here to advertise?
    I am here to participate in an active comunity.
    For various reasons, maybe the most aware to me being;
    • Personal enjoyment, as i enjoy participating in active comunities, have chit chats on various subjects.
    • To exhange ideias.
    • On this forum in particular, i am also here cause it directly relates with what i do.

This forum in particular offers the oppotunity for me to know what webdesigners hope to get from a hosting company, this topic in particular was an attemp to know that. It is an attemp to improve the service as opposed to marketing.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 211595
    TheGAME1264,

Most users wont ever need more than the starter plan. Unlimited is possible due to diferent demands/usage from the whole group of users of one hosting service, their avg use of resource will be what makes unlimited possible.
    I understand what it is that you're saying, but i remain skeptical. Again, you've got past precedent working against you here, and a whole lot of it. This has been going on for years now. It's the nature of the game.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 211595
    TheGAME1264,
    AlphaMare,

I am aware of a warnign i got, since then i stopped adding at the bottom of my posts the lines of text that originated such warning. Since then i only posted my link on host related subjects, like the one you refering above wich was named "Looking for a hosting site", wich i believe it was the one time i posted my link after the warning, did it cause it felt appropriate although i can understand your point as considering tha post as blatant self-promotion and as such will refrain of posting in those kind of topics.

This topic is a honest attempt to know what this forum comunity expect from their hosting provider. I posted under this subforum being about the hosting service itself and not the website, but if you still feel it belongs onto "Website Ratings and Reviews" [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]then ill post there.[/COLOR]
    I have replaced your link.

I just want you to be upfront about the fact that this is your company. I'm glad you're enjoying participating in the forums, but
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 211541
    Hi,
    Would also like to ask you to check <LINK REMOVED>, check the hosting plans available and post here for requests, improvements to those hosting plans, if any.
    Nowhere in there do you explain that it is your company - you could be posting the URL of a service you use, rather than one that you own. There are members here for whom this may me the first post of yours that they read -I just want you to be clear about it.

As to what I expect from my hosting company:
    • 24/7 live customer support either by phone or by live chat
    • as much bandwith as I need
    • as much disk space as I need
    • able to use as many domains as I want
    • SSL
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Thanks for the understanding.
    Now guys please tell me what you expect from a hosting company in order to make sure host4go.com products are what webmaster and siteowners need them to be.

I for one, believe in a "personal" way to deal with a customer.
    For example our customers may require help to install the free scripts that come with the accounts. Most companies (atleast all i know) wont help their customers with that, i dont mind helping users make the most of their hosting accounts.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 211633
    Thanks for the understanding.
    Now guys please tell me what you expect from a hosting company in order to make sure host4go.com products are what webmaster and siteowners need them to be.

I for one, believe in a "personal" way to deal with a customer.
    For example our customers may require help to install the free scripts that come with the accounts. Most companies (atleast all i know) wont help their customers with that, i dont mind helping users make the most of their hosting accounts.
    Personally, I think the days of the small, general web hosting company are past. You can't compete with the big companies. For example, you mentioned helping to install free scripts. Well, at BlueHost, the control panel allows users to easily install and configure dozen and dozens of popular scripts.

As a small company, I think you would have to find a very unique niche that the big guys aren't interested in.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads