Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I notice for the deluxe package
    http://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-h...1001ab&ci=9009
    They say unlimited websites. Does that mean that for that price per month, you get unlimited sites??? Can't be.
    also...how good is go daddy? who do you prefer for hosting multiple sites?

Member #
    Liked
    1865 times
    There's no such thing as "unlimited", but what they mean is that you can point as many domains as you want to them and host sites on those domains.

As far as their hosting is concerned...it's "not bad". Not good, but not bad. They cap SMTP sends at 1,000 per day, which is my major issue with them. But the service itself is pretty stable.
    naynay447 likes this.
    I'm an expert in off-page SEO, social media optimization, and repeating everything everyone else says about these topics so that I sound like I know what I'm talking about.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 216474
    There's no such thing as "unlimited", but what they mean is that you can point as many domains as you want to them and host sites on those domains.

As far as their hosting is concerned...it's "not bad". Not good, but not bad. They cap SMTP sends at 1,000 per day, which is my major issue with them. But the service itself is pretty stable.
    First of all...Great designs. Loved the Toronto one!
    What exactly do you mean by " They cap SMTP sends at 1,000 per day"? What does that mean, and what is SMTP?

Member #
    Liked
    1865 times
    SMTP = outbound emails that you would send using scripts and/or things like Outlook. So you can only send 1000 emails per day.

And thanks!
    I'm an expert in off-page SEO, social media optimization, and repeating everything everyone else says about these topics so that I sound like I know what I'm talking about.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    764 times
    Simple Mail Transport Protocol, and that is a 1000 per account, not domain.

I use both Linux and windows machines from them, but I also have a mail server off their network, point the smtp and mail dns settings to my mail server... Any scripts I use define the smtp server in.

That is just relay calls from the server, and only mail sent from a page on your site to anywhere except email addresses in your account, count. If everything is sent to a mail account associated with the hosting account, then no worries. They just don't want people setting up mailing list on their sites and trying to blast thousands and thousands of emails an hour out of their systems. They have been blacklisted by spamhaus before, part of their remediation to get removed was a policy and process in place to keep it from happening again.

Not a dealbreaker for most, as the average small business site is less than a hundred emails a day. Any of my clients going over that gets put on my mail server.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    GoDaddy control panel is complicated - a huge pain in the ***.

Great uptime though but slow server speeds.

Member #
    Liked
    1865 times
    I never used their hosting control panels.My client was on a dedicated box with them.

Their domain registration control panel is somewhat awkward, though.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have domain names registered with the site cluttered with adverts and annoying at times. Especially if you buy any thing they try and sell you more and you have to like click 5 or pages to get to the final check out. I have worked with there hosting before and it can be at times very slow.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Go Daddy is a definite NO NO, Really seek ANY host that has cPanel it is much faster, if you have lot's of domains a reseller hosting package is probably your best option in my opinion you will then get a WHM (Web Host Manager) that controls all of the cPanels.

This sounds a little complicated but really it is not. Basically you login to your WHM and create the account for your domain/s then assign usernames and passwords. You can control every aspect of each domain such as bandwidth allowance, web space etc.

Then once you have made the accounts you can login to them individually and do whatever you want. Usual FTP Clients work too such as "Filezilla" or you can FTP from within your own browser. This means you can take your website from your computer to your website and have it running within minutes.

Going back to GoDaddy...
    GoDaddy is really good at one thing - Marketing - They market their products as if they were really the best in the world, and they are so convincing that they have countless customers, but I assure you if you go with a host with cPanel then you will never look back.

Best regards
    Arran Wood

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArranWood, post: 221306
    Go Daddy is a definite NO NO, Really seek ANY host that has cPanel it is much faster, if you have lot's of domains a reseller hosting package is probably your best option in my opinion you will then get a WHM (Web Host Manager) that controls all of the cPanels.

This sounds a little complicated but really it is not. Basically you login to your WHM and create the account for your domain/s then assign usernames and passwords. You can control every aspect of each domain such as bandwidth allowance, web space etc.

Then once you have made the accounts you can login to them individually and do whatever you want. Usual FTP Clients work too such as "Filezilla" or you can FTP from within your own browser. This means you can take your website from your computer to your website and have it running within minutes.

Going back to GoDaddy...
    GoDaddy is really good at one thing - Marketing - They market their products as if they were really the best in the world, and they are so convincing that they have countless customers, but I assure you if you go with a host with cPanel then you will never look back.

Best regards
    Arran Wood
    this is correct but with a flaw. Many hosting companies that provide CPanel are off linux. Nothing wrong with that, but if you are going to run ASP.net you are better off going with godaddy. I am looking into this as a future means of site designs because im familiar with VB and learning C# so it will help with doing database driven sites. However ive never used godaddy with hosting and i cannot find any screenshots or demos on their hosting panel.

I too have wondered what it is meant by unlimited hosting. I was going to point about 50 sites to my account (mostly friends sites ive built and mine, nothing really major just simple 5 page sites with html/css?javascript). I already have 25 domain names from them and as said above it is a pain to checkout, lol. If i kept some of my sites in simple html/css i will go with inmotionhosting.com which runs off CPanel and linux. Ive run CPanel before BUT never with multiple site and am curious to know how to set it up though in CPanel for the time being because they too say unlimited hosting. I couldnt find any fees associated for a "Setup" if you try adding more than one site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast